Advice Request What are best alternatives to Microsoft Photos?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019

RoboMan

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
I personally just use MIcrosoft Photos, it has more features and I don't have issues with it.
I find it to be great, nevertheless it's a problem finder for me. Sometimes it just works flawlessly. Sometimes it just gives me black screens when I try to open a picture. And I can't see it at all. Maybe after a couple of tries it will display. And I have a high-end PC. Will never understand the hard delicate engineering behind it.

F

ForgottenSeer 76546

I wanted to use it as my default too because of the looks and being open source but it has some issue with RAW image files. Doesn't show accurate color. Well, I just realized I should better open an issue on GitHub.

Edit: Turns out it's a known issue;
Fix DNG White Balance · Issue #464 · d2phap/ImageGlass
RAW Image issues · Issue #401 · d2phap/ImageGlass
Otherwise it's a great program.

I didn't know that as I don't use raw images, but that's worth knowing.

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
I use both XnView and Faststone because I mainly use pc for images. XnView is useful because you can view Photoshop and GIMP layered images. Faststone is slightly better than XnView, especially when you're tweaking the image you view.
In my opinion, XnView is more like a viewer and Faststone is a little more like an editor.

It looks like XnView launched today with 2.49. 1

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.