Advice Request What are good uninstaller program( both free or paid)?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wihat

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 25, 2016
I'm wondering, what software uninstaller is best? (completely removal, clean all registries,etc)
There some of them, i need to choose one, please help me.
1. Revo Uninstaller
2. GeekUninstaller
3. Your Uninstaller
4. Wise Program Uninstaller
5. WinUtilities
6. Others( If you use it, please give me opinions as much as possible).
Thanks for all.:)

Wihat

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 25, 2016
Thanks for @computershop share, I'm using Your Uninstaller now, it seem great( some excited features as deep registry scan, empty gone, fix common errors,etc.

GeekUninstaller and Revo Uninstaller for me because they are FREE!
Thanks @SloppyMcFloppy . So if a have a chance( a free key) of paid software, what should i use?

Last edited by a moderator:

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
I'm wondering, what software uninstaller is best? (completely removal, clean all registries,etc)
Soft Organizer(Paid) can do that. Simply right-click on the installation file and pick "run and trace with Soft Organizer". It might take some time but it's worth it. Later when you run Soft Organizer to uninstall that program it will remove every file/folder and registry that were made during the product's installation.

If you want free,
Iobit Uninstaller -very easy to use. And has a powerful scanner for leftovers that a product might leave during uninstall. Though it's possible for it to miss stuff since it isn't as efficient as Soft Organizer's trace feature.

OokamiCreed

Level 18
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2015
Correct me if I'm wrong but the free version of Revo Uninstaller ignores 64bit. Geek Uninstaller, Wise Uninstaller, etc work fine with 32 and 64 it seems.

For paid I'd definitely say Revo Uninstaller (Total Uninstaller is good to but very aggressive so be cautious). For free, Geek or Wise uninstaller. Both do a good job. I still (even with Revo, Total Uninstaller, etc) find myself removing files, folders, and/or registries that it leaves over. None of them are a 100% guarantee (neither is any software for that matter).

Wihat

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 25, 2016
Yes, i see. Although I use the hardest mode of Your Uninstaller, I scan again with CCleaner, and a find some registry left behind over the time.

Reactions: kev216
L

LabZero

I am using Geek Uninstaller with satisfaction, but another good free alternative is Wise Uninstaller: testing now and no problems, it has a good scanning algorithm about leftovers.

shukla44

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 14, 2016
I use Revo Uninstaller Pro, been using it for years, never had any problems. Very good trace finder and removal. Does create system restore & full registry backup before removing stuff.

Paid - Revo Uninstaller
Free - Geek Uninstaller, Wise Uninstaller

It's up to you, try & decide wisely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.