Advice Request What are good uninstaller program( both free or paid)?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kev216

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 6, 2014
My vote goes definitely to GeekUninstaller. It is free, is portable and extremely light. It does it's job very well and the most I like about it is that it doesn't have any pop-up or nagscreens or something ad-related. I am using it for years now and I am very happy with it.

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
IObit Uninstaller - Free
Revo Uninstaller - Paid.

I am using IObit uninstaller portable for quite some time and it does the job pretty good. Can show Windows Updates and Windows 10 Apps also with some nifty tools included

DracusNarcrym

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 16, 2015
Never been too fond of uninstallers, personally (I'm my own uninstaller for leftovers :D I know, it's risky, sometimes worse than using uninstallers, but over time you get better at it :rolleyes:)

Though, if I were to choose a free uninstaller, I'd probably go with Geek Uninstaller. (or, perhaps, IObit Uninstaller - I used to use this as part of IObit Toolbox but since then I have abandoned it)

If I were to choose paid uninstaller software, I'd recommend Revo Uninstaller. (which I am currently using)

Rishi

Level 19
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 3, 2015
I am using SoftOrganizer, the fact they have a good product along with frequent giveaways:D makes me want to use it, it has everything, trace install, rescue mode,restore points, multi program uninstall and context menu integration, etc.

In free category: I would go with Geek or IObit uninstaller.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I find Geek Uninstaller to be very good and light and does have to install.
I use Geek Uninstaller as well.

Though you can never get 100% clean removal of all leftover items. You can use search tools like VoidTool's Search Everything and CCleaner as a backup.

Then of course you can dig around the Windows Registry manually finding unwanted keys.

N

Noxx

RevoUninstaller user here. Starting to hear a lot about this "GeekUninstaller", which I hadn't heard of until I registered on MT. Maybe I'll look into it and see how it fares.

K Atari

Level 2
Verified
Jan 10, 2015
Soft Organizer(Paid) can do that. Simply right-click on the installation file and pick "run and trace with Soft Organizer". It might take some time but it's worth it. Later when you run Soft Organizer to uninstall that program it will remove every file/folder and registry that were made during the product's installation.

If you want free,
Iobit Uninstaller -very easy to use. And has a powerful scanner for leftovers that a product might leave during uninstall. Though it's possible for it to miss stuff since it isn't as efficient as Soft Organizer's trace feature.

@Azure Phoenix That is an interesting program! Do you know if there is a similar software but freeware?

pneuma1985

Level 4
Verified
Aug 30, 2015
Using CCleaner and that too recently, because I never felt the need to uninstall any software :D
I've never tried the ccleaner uninstaller even though I do use ccleaner pro, how is it? Does it work like geek or revo?
As far as iobit goes yes it does the job but as discussed else where its better to stay away from iobit software. Though I will admit testing of the iobit uninstaller vs revo it comes right under what revo removes with the same basic settings, thus making it a valid uninstaller: at least it does what it says, unlike other iobit software...

Sana

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Dec 30, 2015
I've never tried the ccleaner uninstaller even though I do use ccleaner pro, how is it? Does it work like geek or revo?
As far as iobit goes yes it does the job but as discussed else where its better to stay away from iobit software. Though I will admit testing of the iobit uninstaller vs revo it comes right under what revo removes with the same basic settings, thus making it a valid uninstaller: at least it does what it says, unlike other iobit software...

Nope I haven't tried any others, I might try them out too (maybe I'll win them :p ). CCleaner seems to do the job, haven't had an application I couldn't remove till date.

Reactions: kev216 and shukla44

Wihat

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 25, 2016
I just make a search, 2 sites( snapfiles and softpedia) make me seem SoftOrganizer is trial/paid, while techspot says it's freeware. What is the true here?
P/s: i found 2 others sites say it's trial.
Now i'll stay with Privazer. :)

Reactions: kev216
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.