Advice Request What are good uninstaller program( both free or paid)?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wihat

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 25, 2016
I'm sure i took a look already, nothing about the price, version free/trial/shareware,etc.
It's seem great but i have to pay to use it...what a bad news

Reactions: Rishi and kev216
H

hjlbx

I'm wondering, what software uninstaller is best? (completely removal, clean all registries,etc)
There some of them, i need to choose one, please help me.
1. Revo Uninstaller
2. GeekUninstaller
3. Your Uninstaller
4. Wise Program Uninstaller
5. WinUtilities
6. Others( If you use it, please give me opinions as much as possible).
Thanks for all.:)

There is one other option that is best reserved for those that are particularly OCD about uninstalls:

Total Uninstall by Gavrila Martau: Uninstall utility for Windows | Total Uninstall software with easy

It is the most powerful uninstaller.

It is paid.

You have to pay close attention to how it functions and what it does. You have to practice with it !!!

Using it can be incredibly time intensive.

Revo is best option for typical use. Total Uninstall is more suited to detailed uninstalls.

REVO TIP: Install latest free version, then upgrade. They used to offer the upgrade at 50 % discount... not sure now, but worth a try.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
I have owned and used Revo Pro for years now and had no issues.
They update my software, and the program preforms very well.

Wihat

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 25, 2016
It's hard to purchase software online for me, because of the fee of maintaining cards services, the complicated procedure...so the best way it could use these paid software is key giveaways from manufactures or..crack but i won't use crack

Reactions: Rishi
L

LabZero

As well said by @hjlbx you should be aware of Total Uninstall. It can happen that, during the phase of uninstalling a program previously monitored, Total Uninstall present a window which asks the user whether a particular file can be deleted.
Total Uninstall indicates the path where the file is resident. From its path we can understand that it is a file used only by the application that we are uninstalling. In fact, since it resides in the folder where the software is installed, we can safely proceed to its elimination.

If, instead, Total Uninstall indicates that the file you want to delete resides in a system folder, such as System32, we should act with more caution because there may be a file shared by other applications.

Sana

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Dec 30, 2015
Ok, so today I was trying a software (TreeDBNotes Pro, TreeDBNotes Free) for some reason (don't ask) and the damn thing wouldn't get uninstalled properly. It still had its shortcuts and .exe and folders etc. It so happened, that I had also installed both the Free and Pro versions, which made things more interesting.

I always thought CCleaner had its own module to uninstall, I guess I was wrong. Long story short it didn't work. So I tried Revo, just to see what all the fuss was about. Lo and behold, Revo did the job. I specified the path to the program (mind you, the second time around, I had no folders, only shortcuts in the start menu etc), so I copied and pasted the shortcut into the Forced Uninstall section: "C:\Program Files (x86)\TreeDBNotes Pro 4\TreeDBNotes.exe". It then located all the entries in the registry etc.

I was trying to make a screen video for this, as the above mentioned program is a very good sample to test out your uninstallers. Unfortunately, the video was going to be atleast 1Gb, so I ditched the project :p

Conclusion: I am pretty pleased with Revo :)

Last edited:

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
dUninstaller

Also will use Everthing Search Engine to find any left over files.
Then Registrar Regstry Manager to find any leftover reg keys.
Also Intelli Admin Unisntaller. This program will remove an item from the add remove programs list that will not uninstall. Although it only does this, and actually does not uninstall the program.
I'm surprised, you still recommend registry cleaners nowadays to inexperienced users. Moreover I rarely use reg cleaners on win 7 and above. But sometime I manually remove unwanted entries in regedit rather than relying on some algorithms searching for null values or similar ones.

S

Smith83

I'm surprised, you still recommend registry cleaners nowadays to inexperienced users.

This is different than the standard registry cleaner, it seeks out registry keys from the specific program that you choose. It doesn't blindly clean this or that. If you have never used it and you deal with the registry a good bit, I would suggest installing it, as it is a time saver. :)

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
First of all you should know that all uninstallers leave some traces.
For me Revo Uninstaller Pro does the best job among other uninstallers.
If you think that some traces are left behind then you can do a scan with Forced Uninstall
and if something is there Revo will get rid of it;).
So my choice is Revo Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.