Advice Request What are good uninstaller program( both free or paid)?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
I'm wondering, what software uninstaller is best? (completely removal, clean all registries,etc)
There some of them, i need to choose one, please help me.
1. Revo Uninstaller
2. GeekUninstaller
3. Your Uninstaller
4. Wise Program Uninstaller
5. WinUtilities
6. Others( If you use it, please give me opinions as much as possible).
Thanks for all.:)
From your list I've used and would recommend Revo Uninstaller.
But keep in mind that if you only uninstall a few programs from time to time, it isn’t going to make a noticeable difference if you use a third party uninstaller. However, if you like to try out a lot of programs then Revo Uninstaller might be a good solution.

Last edited:

Bergo

Level 12
Verified
Well-known
May 13, 2013
Total Uninstall is the best but not recommend to uninstall any Diskeeper products. If you try it you can reinstall OS.

TU 6.8 Default Settings (Trial Version), Diskeeper 12 Professional Trial

2016-02-22_21h45_24.png
2016-02-22_21h45_43.png

BSOD!

Attachments

• 2016-02-22_21h45_24.png
    2016-02-22_21h45_24.png
    102.9 KB · Views: 380
  • 2016-02-22_21h45_43.png
    2016-02-22_21h45_43.png
    307.4 KB · Views: 391
  • 2016-02-22_21h45_43.png
    2016-02-22_21h45_43.png
    307.4 KB · Views: 368
  • Diskeeper 12 - Changes.pdf
    481.1 KB · Views: 1,677

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
This is different than the standard registry cleaner, it seeks out registry keys from the specific program that you choose. It doesn't blindly clean this or that. If you have never used it and you deal with the registry a good bit, I would suggest installing it, as it is a time saver. :)
I'll try out next time whilst uninstalling a pgm, Thanks.

Reactions: Smith83

bitbizket

Level 3
Jul 26, 2011
dUninstaller

Also will use Everthing Search Engine to find any left over files.
Then Registrar Regstry Manager to find any leftover reg keys.
Also Intelli Admin Unisntaller. This program will remove an item from the add remove programs list that will not uninstall. Although it only does this, and actually does not uninstall the program.

Used to have Registrar Registry Manager as my side tool. It has really fast indepth scan searches even for a large registry. However it will find similar key names which wrongly deleting these keys can cause serious problems. Not a tool for typical PC user, the good deleted keys can be safey rollback to its previous state. It has an automated save features.

One tool that is really handy is Autoruns from Sysinternals. Personally i used it along with my uninstaller program with intergrated tracing feature.

Top rated uninstaller in my opinion are as follows. (Powerful to decent)
1. Total Uninstall - Paid (advance to expert)
2. Revo Uninstaller Pro - Paid (general to advanced)
3. Soft Organizer/Reg Organizer - Paid (general to advanced)
4. Geek Unintaller - Free (general)
5. Iobit Uninstaller - Free (general)

Total Uninstall and Revo Uninstaller are best when comes to tracing and cleaning but use with caution.
Revo Uninstaller is much safer than Total Uninstall.
However like every other uninstaller tool its normal to leave some traces/leftovers behind.

My choice
Paid - Soft Organizer/Reg Organizer (Balanced between efficiency and safe to use)
Free - Geek Uninstaller/Iobit Uninstaller (Fast and practically safe but Iobit is slightly more aggressive)

Uninstall tool with traced feature can be really handy if you regularly install and uninstall softwares especially security programs.
However depends on how powerful the program is this requires abit of user knowledge in dealing with system registry.

There are other safety net that can be used to remove program completely and safely such as rollback imaging tools, backup softwares, virtualization programs or similar.

L

LabZero

Total Uninstall is the best but not recommend to uninstall any Diskeeper products. If you try it you can reinstall OS.

TU 6.8 Default Settings (Trial Version), Diskeeper 12 Professional Trial

BSOD!
Diskeeper, as similar software works at system-level writing and changing files in the system. Total Uninstall does not automatically distinguishes the shared folders with the system by DK so it is important to manually select the files to remove.

greatdivide

Level 1
Verified
Nov 20, 2015
Revo Uninstaller + Everything. I use Everything so I can make sure that everything is deleted. Also Autoruns so that I can double check that the registry entry is definitely gone.

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Tried BC Uninstaller portable and I like it, a lot of advanced options and features. Really great for a free program

Dirk41

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 17, 2016
in italian MS forum community they suggest appremover (never used)

JollyGood

Level 1
Verified
Jan 7, 2015
I'm wondering, what software uninstaller is best? (completely removal, clean all registries,etc)
There some of them, i need to choose one, please help me.
1. Revo Uninstaller
2. GeekUninstaller
3. Your Uninstaller
4. Wise Program Uninstaller
5. WinUtilities
6. Others( If you use it, please give me opinions as much as possible).
Thanks for all.:)
I personally use Revo Uninstaller Pro. Not gonna lie it must be the best $40 i have ever spent. Used to use Iobit unistaller before this which was also quite good. I really liked how it notified the user of remnant files after you uninstall a program. However, it never seemed as thorough as Revo uninstaller pro. The free version of revo uninstaller is quite good as well; however, it did miss quite a few of the installed programs on my system. That's the reason why i decided to go with the Professional version since, it did in fact detect all of my installed programs.

Mineria

Level 3
Verified
Mar 19, 2016
Best uninstaller is when the developer delivers a proper uninstaller with their software.
Geek takes a lot even if it still leaves some manual work behind, apart form that I would never pay for software to uninstall software written by lazy developers.

Reactions: Vasudev
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.