Q&A What are your favorite Android browsers?

Which browsers do you use on Android?

• Google Chrome

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Brave

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Firefox

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Fennec (F-Droid version of Firefox)

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Bromite

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Opera

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Microsoft Edge

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Ungoogled Chromium

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Samsung Internet Browser

• Others

• Total voters

Upendra19

Level 5
Mar 5, 2019
Brave, mostly because of YouTube (ads and a background play), otherwise I would use Chrome, and TOR as a backup. Bromite is out of question, I would have to allow unknown apps.
I just download the apk file install it and then again turn off install from unknown sources ;).
Using Ungoogled Chromium and Firefox both of which support extensions. And they are getting better and better.

Stoutner Privacy Browser is another good privacy browser
You should try Fennec as it supports about:config which is disabled in Firefox but allowed in Firefox Beta.

HarborFront

Level 58
Verified
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
I just download the apk file install it and then again turn off install from unknown sources ;).

You should try Fennec as it supports about:config which is disabled in Firefox but allowed in Firefox Beta.
Fennec was the earlier FF version. The current FF is Fenix

Fennec F-Droid is based on the latest Firefox release (codenamed Fenix).
It has proprietary bits and telemetry removed, but still connects to
various Mozilla and Google services that can track users.

Unquote

FF (Fenix) will allow access to about:config and with more extensions support later on

Last edited:

Upendra19

Level 5
Mar 5, 2019
FF (Fenix) will allow access to about:config and more extensions support later on
We have been listening this since release of Firefox Preview :unsure:. But almost all firefox users agree that Fennec version was better than Fenix one. Hope they will change this soon. But I don't like new interface though.
Fennec was the earlier FF version. The current FF is Fenix
I know but it is still named as Fennec so I am not wrong. BTW supported extension in Ungoogled Chromium are more useful than Firefox ones for me.