What are your thoughts on Fallout 4?

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

PEllis

Thread author
Maybe it's because I'm biased towards Fallout 3 and New Vegas, having played them alot throughout my teenage years, but I feel Fallout 4 just isn't the same. I bought the game earlier this year and still haven't completed the main quest. Not interested.

What are your thoughts on it? What do you like and dislike about the game?

Last edited by a moderator:

omidomi

Level 71
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 5, 2014
I buy this game also but can't find time for play...
I hear about this game is very intresting...
whats your idea about it?
btw I am fallout fanboy :p

P

PEllis

Thread author
I buy this game also but can't find time for play...
I hear about this game is very intresting...
whats your idea about it?
btw I am fallout fanboy :p
The story is similar to Fallout 3 (searching for your father). I don't know if it changes past the part I've played up to. I don't like having to build settlements. It's optional, but still it is a big part of the game. :)

Paul Lee

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Oct 14, 2014
Definitely one of the best game's I've played in my recent years. Mixing an amazing storyline with great character dialogue made for one memorable experience. Kept me glued to my computer monitor till' the very end :)

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
I get lost a lot in Fallout 4, I have only played about a couple hours.
It is for sure a better game just different than what i am used to
from the Fallout team.
PeAcE

Reactions: omidomi and PEllis
A

Alkajak

Thread author
Pre-ordered it before launch. Fallout is my favourite game franchise. It was unfortunate that it was nothing like FO3 or FONV. It is an amazing game as a standalone, but it isn't Fallout to me anymore. I have yet to finish the game months later. Hopefully they give it more of a Fallout feel through the DLCs since they've confirmed this is the final game in the Fallout franchise.

N

Noxx

Thread author
Never played 1 and 2, but I LOVED 3. Agreed with Alkajak, I wasn't feeling that fallout vibe. I guess it has to happen to every great franchise, because devs/publishers just can't help themselves.

P

PEllis

Thread author
I don't think it's a bad game and it can argued that it's better than Fallout 3 and New Vegas, but yeah, I didn't get that same feeling the first time playing it.

Reactions: Alkajak and omidomi
A

Alkajak

Thread author
Never played 1 and 2, but I LOVED 3. Agreed with Alkajak, I wasn't feeling that fallout vibe. I guess it has to happen to every great franchise, because devs/publishers just can't help themselves.

If you haven't tried New Vegas, I highly recommend it. FO3 is like the extravagant movie-plot type of game. FONV is a true Fallout video game that follows the lore of 1 and 2. "Karma" is replaced by "faction reputation" instead and you can choose sides between many different factions. There is also about 10 different endings.

Reactions: PEllis

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
Ehh I am one of those guys who hates violence and shooting games. Heard good things from my friends though. :)

A

Alkajak

Thread author
I may try the game again with mods. I've heard it makes the game a lot better. One mod I would get immediately is to bring the FO3/NV dialogue style.

P

PEllis

Thread author
I'm going to start over for around the third time. I usually explore and do side quests, before doing the main quest. I'm guessing the main quest will turn into fighting institute (or joining, if the game lets you).

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Maybe it's because I'm biased towards Fallout 3 and New Vegas, having played them alot throughout my teenage years, but I feel Fallout 4 just isn't the same. I bought the game earlier this year and still haven't completed the main quest. Not interested.

What are your thoughts on it? What do you like and dislike about the game?
I love the Fallout series, I've played Fallout 3 and New Vegas at least 4 times now, and I love them. But Fallout 4 doesn't have the same feel as the previous versions. Starting with the dialog options, characters or story line and ending with the movement mechanics, Fallout 4 is not as good as the previous versions. I did not even finish the game. Really didn't like it.
It's not bad, but it doesn't have that Fallout feel. I do regret buying it. Lets hope fallout 5 will be much better.
123.jpg

Reactions: omidomi and PEllis
P

PEllis

Thread author
I love the Fallout series, I've played Fallout 3 and New Vegas at least 4 times now, and I love them. But Fallout 4 doesn't have the same feel as the previous versions. Starting with the dialog option, characters and story line and ending with the movement mechanics, Fallout 4 is not as good as the previous versions.
It's not bad, but it doesn't have that Fallout feel. I do regret buying it. Lets hope fallout 5 will be much better.
View attachment 107148
Definitely doesn't have the same feel. Perhaps I'll appreciate it more as time goes on. I don't know if I'll buy Fallout 5, probably will, because it's Fallout.

Reactions: Jack

simbelmayne

Level 3
Verified
Jul 4, 2016
There was so much battles after the release of Fallout 3, and people yelled that Fallout 2 was the best. Now people say that Fallout 3 was good, and 4 isn't. It's good that there will be no Fallout 5, to make this circle wider.

P

PEllis

Thread author
I ended up completing the story, though I didn't complete all of the side quests, so I'm playing through it again and will try to get the platinum trophy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.