Advice Request What Audio/Video Software Do You Use?

• Thread starter ForgottenSeer 55474
  • Start date

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

F

ForgottenSeer 55474

Thread author
Hello, I use for Music: AIMP4 & Foobar2000.
For Video: VLC.
For Radio Streaming: Cherryplayer.
For Podcasts: GOM Audio.
Music Streaming: Apple Music. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
Pot Player x64, because it can play 5.1 audio on 2.0 and it can be heard, most other players can handle only 2.0, in VLC it can be switched, but it is not by default. Also it has virtually everything preset, except hardware acceleration, but clicking a button will do, unlike in MPC-HC (well hidden).
Make MKV to copy DVDs to MKV (without menus and ADs), playable on SmartTV via USB, MKV is also easier and more practical for a backup.
ODIO - radio streaming, they claim to have 20.000 stations (I would say more now), it is easy to find a local station, if available on the internet.

Attachments

• capture_04252020_155652.jpg
    capture_04252020_155652.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 585
  • capture_04252020_155801.jpg
    capture_04252020_155801.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 589
  • capture_04252020_161912.jpg
    capture_04252020_161912.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 584

South Park

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jun 23, 2018
For music and online radio stations, VLC Player (desktop version), which has an equalizer with useful presets.
For video, SM Player, which offers many playback options I haven't seen on other players, such as 125% size. It can also play odd file types that VLC sometimes has trouble opening.

Stopspying

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 21, 2018
First off - thanks for this thread. We've had some wonderful weather this April here in England, but today is very wet and much cooler, a perfect time to be at home during lockdown, after working this morning, and re-appraise' both my online and 'from file' listening and viewing habits on the various players mentioned here.

I've been lazy I guess, and used VLC for just about everything it can handle for some time. I like it for this reason -

VLC Player (desktop version), which has an equalizer with useful presets.

and have been very comfortable using it for maybe 15 years. I've tried many other players over that time and before, Foobar200 is a blast from the past that I'm going to check out again - thanks for the reminders that it exists. I'm going to play around with other players mentioned above, thanks for the mentions.

Warn the neighbours it may be noisy here!😈

Edit - I should add that I use Spotify for streaming music and would like to use it to discover more music, but its algorithms are rubbish for finding similar things to what I listen to, or maybe my choices vary too much for them to make head or tail of my tastes.

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
I’m with @Spawn . I stream almost everything now, or use physical media. With the exception of podcasts, for which I use iTunes because I’ve been using it for managing my podcasts for about 14 years or more. I’m still using an iPod nano, and don’t want all my media on my phone. I don’t bother keeping large media files on my computer anymore, and I never pirated anything.

Stopspying

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 21, 2018
I’m with @Spawn . I stream almost everything now, or use physical media. With the exception of podcasts, for which I use iTunes because I’ve been using it for managing my podcasts for about 14 years or more. I’m still using an iPod nano, and don’t want all my media on my phone. I don’t bother keeping large media files on my computer anymore, and I never pirated anything.
I'm with you on still using other physical players, never bought into the Apple family of devices, I have quite an old Samsung player that still sounds really good with decent earbuds or headphones.

DDE_Server

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 5, 2017
For music: AIMP
For video: Kodi or PotPlayer
is Kodi easy to use i read about it. it seems good opensource project.

for video and audio I use km player and also virtual dj for audio.
i was using KMplayer in the past when it was good software.
it became bundled with a lot of Adware last time i used so i stopped using it .

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.