Battle What AV do you think is best for protection?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shukla44

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 14, 2016
I voted kaspersky on the personal experience.

I respect all the other opinions & suggestions. We can argue all we want about no av is the best, but the question & topic here is 'what you think is the best'. Going with the first post, users here sooner or later realize that only traditional security av is not enough. Nonetheless if it is asked, which is the best.

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
My answer would be None/All of them.

You might not get infected with a poor anti-virus
You might even get infected with a good anti-virus.

Then there's another thing. .....Protection vs Usability

With higher protection you tend to be less productive/usability of the system decreases. You should find a balanced level of protection and usability, so that the anti-virus doesn't get in the way of your everyday tasks or doesn't delete files you need.

Keep the protection "Basic", any free anti-virus would suffice, and the rest is common-sense.

LukeNukesEm

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Sep 14, 2016

With higher protection you tend to be less productive/usability of the system decreases. You should find a balanced level of protection and usability, so that the anti-virus doesn't get in the way of your everyday tasks or doesn't delete files you need.

Keep the protection "Basic", any free anti-virus would suffice, and the rest is common-sense.
I said for security only. Nothing else matters in this case.

JakeXPMan

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014

Exactly Jackuras.

This is good advice for the medium to expert user.

Any AV or similar program works like a second opinion on your good common sense... pick a sturdy security that doesn't slow you down. It could be something different like Panda and/or Zone Alarm, but as long as it works correctly and smooth on your system, its a fine choice.

Odds are good you wont get infected if you're medium to experienced user.

I voted Comodo, because its closest to getting a perfect defense (when tweaked correctly), its not too heavy, and usually is a good choice, with its AV and Firewall. Its the most effective alongside Qihoo and Avast, due to all being great on zero day and behaviour blocking. (with all 3 solutions tweaked from default settings)

Last edited:

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
thread closed
reason: guidelines not followed: if choosing an answer, should comment why. if not, just use vote.

If users wish to modify their posts as per guidelines, will be more than happy to reopen thread. Time limit 48 hours before being moved to archive.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.