What businesses can learn about cybersecurity from season one of Mr. Robot

SpartacusSystem

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Aug 6, 2015
Avast takes a look at the hacks from season one of Mr. Robot and explains what businesses can learn from them.

Season one of last summer’s hit new TV show, Mr. Robot, was filled with interesting and, for the most part, accurately portrayed hacks. The hacks were carried out by the show’s main character Elliot and hacker group fsociety. Their goal throughout the season was to take down the multi-national conglomerate, E Corp.

Mr.Robot_season_2_premier.jpg

Image via: USA Network @whoismrrobot

Although the hacks on the show were rather complex and to a certain extent elaborate, there are a few things SMBs can learn from them.

Read more at the Avast blog! Seems like Avast is also experiencing Mr Robot fever!

Logethica

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
I highly recommend you to watch it! @Logethica can back me up on this as well!
:DAbsolutely....IMO It is an Incredible show.I think that anybody Interested/Fascinated by Hacks,Cyber Security,Psychology,or just well researched and highly entertaining TV should enjoy it...One of the best new series of the past 5 years IMO.
Great Post @SpartacusSystem .:)

Reactions: DardiM and frogboy

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.