What can you say about running two cloud antivirus?

ifacedown

Level 18
Thread author
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
Right now I am running both realtime Webroot Complete and the new Panda Free Antivirus 15. No conflicts so far, and light on my system. Should I remove one? Which?

ifacedown

Level 18
Thread author
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
Webroot can be run as a "companion" AV;)
Does Webroot automatically runs as a companion AV even though I installed it first? I read in an article that Webroot installs as a Companion AV if it detected a running AV on the System (Of course I had Windows Defender built on Windows 8.1). I installed Webroot first then Panda. And, I read elsewhere that when another AV detects a malicious file and tries to remove it, Webroot voluntarily sets itself aside so the other AV could do its work, thus, no conflicts.

ifacedown

Level 18
Thread author
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
I've had no problem running Webroot alongside any other AV!
If you have no conflicts or BSOD's, then you can safely run both of the above without hesitation!;):)
Cheers!:)
Okay, if you have a slow system, what AV will you pair with Webroot, aside from ESET, that is low on read/write operations on the disk?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.