What distribution of Linux do you use?

Threadripper

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2019
Ubuntu 19.04 (always the latest release) due to gaming, LTS doesn't always support the latest hardware and can miss many improvements like the GNOME update 19.04 has which is unbelievably faster. I've used other distros but Ubuntu "just works" on all my hardware from my PC to my laptops.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
I bounce back and forth between Windows and Mint Cinnamon. I tried Manjaro and MX but had some software issues, and Parrot stopped working after I updated it, so I am sticking with Mint.

I have Windows VMs that I can use from either Windows or Linux, so I can go either way.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Never managed to get my 4g modem work correctly with it, didnt want to struggle with wifi only
Hardware is the real Achilles heel of Linux. You can usually find a Linux program that will do more or less what the Windows programs does. But if your hardware doesn't work, you are out of luck.

sg09

Level 2
Verified
Apr 3, 2019
I am using the default Gnome version of Ubuntu 18.04.

I purchased a HP Stream Notebook with 32 GB Space & 2 GB RAM. While RAM is alright for light usage, I was having huge problems with 32 GB space, as Windows during update requires far greater space. So, I started using Ubuntu on it. Used 16.04 for two years and then switched to 18.04 minimal installation. Happy with it so far.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.