Battle What do you think is better for you ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaspion

Level 17
Verified
Jun 5, 2013
If the heuristics is not too dumb, and the FPs are not too many, then I prefer high detection rates.

Cloud is great, don't get me wrong. It's great for data storage and syncing, it's great for streaming malware database updates, performing real-time online analysis and other security-related tasks, and et cetera. Right, but I just don't take internet connections for granted anywhere, so I like to have cloud stuff as complements, and very important ones, but I still like having local backups, local databases, local heuristic analysis, and so on, as well.

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Why people blame Comodo about low detections ? What do you think ?
Could it be high false positives?o_O I honestly don't know as, only from what I've read, Comodo is akin to a passion for fans whom love to tweak their settings in order to create an airtight sandboxed "Fortress of Solitude". Comodo has ever been a fascination for me as the very name Comodo gives rise to the definition of fandom; and, even as an interested bystander, I see a controversial software company, including users whom either passionately love or previously loved it, shepparded by a controversial founder admired by many while criticized by others.
So, imho, maybe some people blame Comodo because they were former devotees:oops: whom tore themselves away :eek:(following a bitter divorce) and found themselves attending the Church of ESET or the Temple of Avast :rolleyes:(..or whichever name applies).:p
I agree with @Arakasi

Vendors with mediocre detection often have very high false positives and vice versa.
This completely challenges my thinking :confused: because it turns it over and onto it's head!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.