Advanced Security What do you think of Ad-Aware 11 from Lavasoft?

What do you think of Ad-Aware 11 from Lavasoft?

• Very good

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • Good

Votes: 5 8.2%
  • Average

Votes: 9 14.8%
  • Poor

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • To avoid

Votes: 11 18.0%
  • I have never used this product

Votes: 18 29.5%

• Total voters

Jess5457

Level 1
Thread author
Mar 16, 2016
Hi all!

I start a survey to find out what you think Ad-aware free!
Personally I use it with Web Comeragh I am very satisfied!

Thank you!

Reactions: _CyberGhosT_

Kate_L

in memoriam
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 21, 2014
I find it useless, it uses there own engine and bitdefender (just signatures). Bitdefender Free does the same thing and it also has Active Virus Control (the best component).

There are way better FREE alternatives when it comes to detection / removal. I voted "to avoid".

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Ad-Aware way back is indeed decent however even though the engine is incorporated by Bitdefender, the other operations seems mediocre already.

Likely rated to be 3 out of 5 stars. Fine but many alternatives to choose from.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Voted *poor
I agree with FrOg on this one.
I can remember years back, Lavasoft tried very hard to dethrone Malwarebytes.
Malwarebytes clearly stood strong and prevailed, but I say this to make a point, and that is I have followed Lavasoft since their inception
and at no point was Lavasoft on Malwarebytes level nor in my opinion will they ever be based on their track record. JMHO
PeAcE

alakazam

Level 9
Verified
Mar 25, 2014
What is the Avanquest group, and why is this group talked about as if it is something that decreases AdAware's value as a product?

gery79

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 21, 2011
i think you can tell how bat their influence is by their update system which is very very old. it has not been updated since forever

Cleo

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
May 25, 2020
I ponied up for a 1year sub and installed it on a VM. I still like the look and feel. Other than that it doesn't add anything exciting. It could be more competitively priced. $90 is pretty steep for a 1pc/1y seat licence even with all the bells and whistles. I get the best use out of the firewall and the file shredder.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.