Q&A What download manager you are using and Why?

What is the download manager solution you are using and why ??

• Internet Download Manager (idm)

Votes: 17 63.0%
  • Free Download Manager

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Ant Download Manager

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Other (please mention it)

Votes: 3 11.1%

• Total voters

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Trusted
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
So, it's better not to use it for now? It does work on Windows 11 very well.
I eagletget portable for simple downloads. If it can't download something (usually videos), I switch to other downloader (Free download manager now)

I have tried many DMs but eagleget suits me the most. I feel other DMs can't compare to EG in terms of speed and consistency

there are a few links, when I use other DMs, the speed is not much different from chrome's built-in downloader. With EG, somehow, it boosts to a much better speed, not super fast but acceptable
the ones I tested includes free download manager, uGet, ninja, xtreme, Ant, downthemall, chrono, http downloader

I'm impressed with Ant download manager speed but the GUI... The worst I have seen

amirr

Level 20
Verified
Jan 26, 2020
I agree with you about EagleGet. I do wish the project returns or someone will get back to the project.
BTW, why you use portable version of EagleGet?

gigi64

Level 3
Sep 14, 2012
I liked Ant Download Manager it Vey Fast, but every time I wanted to download something like a video from YouTube
It splits the video into many small part in the desktop screen !!!! and cover all entire desktop screen until the download is complete and all the files become one file!

DDE_Server

Level 22
Verified
Sep 5, 2017
I am using ADM, got the PRO version as a Giveaway of the Day a while ago and I really like it so far. :) ( But that is my opinion. )
Did you try IDM before ? if yes what is your opinion of ADM compared to it as a performance ??
Edit 1 : as I see it Android app and need android emulator to work in PC

DDE_Server

Level 22
Verified
Sep 5, 2017
I before use other also IDM cracked, but now use IDM licensed have it 5 years and never think for use other download manager again.
yes it is superior in this field . i also buy lifetime license however free updated are limited to 3 years so i may need to upgrade so i am asking if there is other better solution bet it seems not

JasonUK

Level 3
Apr 14, 2020
I've had Free Download Manager installed for years but can't recall the last time I bothered using it. I think I chose FDM because it could handle torrents and I needed that feature at the time. Browsers' own basic downloaders work well enough even for very large files if its not time critical.