Not open for further replies.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Cortana is your clever new personal assistant!

Cortana will help you find things on your PC, manage your calendar, track packages, find files, chat with you, and tell jokes. The more you use Cortana, the more personalized your experience will be.

To get started, type a question in the search box on the taskbar. Or select the microphone icon and talk to Cortana. Here are some things you can say to Cortana:

• How old are you?
  • Tell me a joke.
  • Show me the latest NBA scores.
  • How many calories in a boiled egg?
  • Put swimming on my calendar for tomorrow.
  • Change my 3 PM event to 4.
  • What's happening this weekend?
Sources(s): Windows Help: What is Cortana? and Windows FAQ: Cortana, Search and Privacy

1. Yes - I use Hey Cortana, Find Flight in Messages, Taskbar Tidbits

For the best experience of Cortana on Windows 10, it allows personalised experience, voice activation "Hey Cortana", permission-based access to your Location, Messaging, Speech and Typing.

Taskbar Tidbits allows Cortana to use the Search box to display text-based thoughts and greetings - a fun feature!

2. Yes - I use basic Cortana and Search

If you use Cortana's Search, without "Hey Cortana's Getting To Know You" (Speech, inking and typing is disabled). You may or may not use (Fun) Taskbar Tidbits.

3. No - I have Cortana hidden (disabled)

If you have Cortana Hidden from the Taskbar. Disabling Cortana does not delete the date stored on Bing.com. nor uninstalled from Windows 10.

4. No - Cortana is not available in my country

If it's not yet available in your region. Please note, Search will work without Cortana.

Open Discussion

Reactions: scot and MalwareT
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.