What free DNS resolvers you’re using?

carpaccio

Thread author
Oct 3, 2019
Do you have any suggestions for free DNS resolvers? What is your ultimate pick? I’ve heard about this new app TrustDNS that is currently only for Android but there’s a possibility for other platforms later on. The thing that kinda intrigues me about it is that it’s free, it doesn’t require signing up at all and it’s also ad-free. I’m thinking of trying it out, has anyone used it already? I’d appreciate any insight on the TrustDNS but other suggestions are welcome as well.

Reactions: popomodoro

Handsome Recluse

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 17, 2016
You can take a look at this list and this one too.
As for TrustDNS I've never heard of it, so I can't speak of it.
It's apparently from Surfshark.
Do you have any suggestions for free DNS resolvers? What is your ultimate pick? I’ve heard about this new app TrustDNS that is currently only for Android but there’s a possibility for other platforms later on. The thing that kinda intrigues me about it is that it’s free, it doesn’t require signing up at all and it’s also ad-free. I’m thinking of trying it out, has anyone used it already? I’d appreciate any insight on the TrustDNS but other suggestions are welcome as well.
There's a setting for DNS-over-TLS on later Androids so you can use that instead of needing an app that hogs the Android VPN slot.

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
I currently use and like cleanbrowsing with just their security filter. In the past found opendns worked great for custom filtering and blocking dns rebind attacks as an option, if you don’t mind signing up for an account with Cisco.

popomodoro

Oct 8, 2019
I was also looking for dns resolvers for my phone and decided to try this Trust DNS. It works fast and doesn't seem to drain my battery. I've been using it only for a couple of days now so I'll see how it goes.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.