Advice Request What is a good free Network Wifi Monitor?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

SearchLight

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 3, 2017
Can anyone suggest a good free Network Monitor that resides in.windows sys tray that would tell.me what devices are using my network, and whether there are any vulnerabilities?

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
I don't see the point of using one in a home network, I don't see anyone wasting his time trying to break in it...

I agree with you. I tried it for the fun of the experience. When you install this, BD spams you with a fear mongering message to sell their very expensive router with protection against all the latest and greatest. :emoji_fearful::emoji_fearful::emoji_fearful:

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
I just installed this. It's shows just enough info to check on your network. Requires two processes: the ubiquitous Bitdefender Product Agent and the scanner itself. Hey, it's free!

Update: I had installed it just to try it, forgot to uninstall and like BD Free, it cut my WiFi out. BD products obviously don’t like my PC. Uninstalled, restarted pc, and voila! WiFi working again!

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.