Advice Request What is Avast AntiTrack Premium? - Discussion, Opinions, Verdict

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
As noted in the changelog for Update - Avast New Version: 18.1.2326

Avast AntiTrack Premium
$40 per year / 1 PC

Quoted from their website: (Avast AntiTrack Premium | Anti-tracking software)

What is Avast AntiTrack Premium?
  • Avast AntiTrack Premium is a privacy application designed to keep your identity safe from the latest online tracking techniques.
  • Avast AntiTrack Premium injects fake information into the data that make up your digital fingerprint. This action changes what information trackers and third-parties can see about you. Avast AntiTrack Premium also clears tracking cookies from your browser.
Does Avast AntiTrack Premium block ads?
  • Avast AntiTrack Premium is not an ad blocker and you will likely still see ads on some of your favorite websites. However, Avast AntiTrack Premium prevents targeted ads (for example, an ad for a product you recently viewed) each time you clear browsing history and data.
More FAQ & Troubleshooting for when things you pay for don't work at Avast AntiTrack Premium - FAQs | Official Avast Support

According to Avast, you should be using their AntiTrack Premium service, because what you have now is not enough???

upload_2018-2-12_18-44-40.png

VPNs don’t stop tracking
  • On its own, a VPN is like Superman: he takes off his glasses and puts on tights, but come on! We can still tell he’s Clark Kent.
  • A VPN will encrypt your connection, protect you on public Wi-Fi, and disguise your location, but advertisers can still track you and identify you based on your PC and browser settings.
What if you already paying for Avast SecureLine VPN, you're still screwed. :ROFLMAO: Now you have to add an additional charge.

Ad-blockers break sites
  • Like doctors who treat your symptoms, but not the cause of your disease, ad-blockers hide targeted ads, but they don’t remove trackers.
  • Unlike anti-tracking software, ad-blockers affect the way websites look and work, and they need to be updated to keep up with the constant wave of new ads.
Most Ad-blockers have an anti-break lists to help prevent breaking websites, in my experience, I've rarely seen a broken site with an Ad-blocker installed.

Incognito mode isn’t incognito
  • If the thought of your spouse finding out what you’ve been doing online keeps you up at night, this works perfectly.
  • Incognito Mode prevents cookies, visited websites, and autocomplete fields from being saved, but your IP address is still visible and your ISP can log your traffic, so it’s not completely anonymous.
Chrome/Firefox/Edge certainly does notify users about this, on every Incognito tab.
upload_2018-2-12_19-9-10.png

GET YOUR FREE (web) SCAN

Avast AntiTrack Premium | Anti-tracking software
upload_2018-2-12_18-53-13.png

Would you Pay? What are your opinions on this (another) Premium service? Can you recommend any other similar services about Digital Fingerprinting? Is it too late to erase your "digital fingerprint", or can AntiTrack Premium can help your Digital Fingerprint (online)?​

Last edited:
P

plat1098

Financial transactions are done in a sandbox and contents deleted afterwards. Haven't been hacked or jacked to date and no social media. That's all I care about since I assume that true and complete online privacy is an ephemeral dream and exists only in your mind.

How come Avast needs all this money all of a sudden?

Transhumana

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jul 6, 2017
It looks like an interesting piece of software but I'm not ready to spend that amount of money on it. :)
Avast has been really hyperactive lately with releasing new components like Avast Cleanup, Driver Updater or this one but to be honest, even though I like Avast IS which I enjoyed using for a long time, I don't really care much for these new additions.

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

$40 a year for ONE PC? What sort of wizardry is this?

$40 year for 'all devices' and I would take a look. But probably not, it's Avast. Avast is lame. But still.. I still maintain, a Pi-Hole will offer way way more than this without another bloated application running.

Daljeet

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jun 14, 2017
Well avast have point and I agree with avast but giving $$$ not possible to a company which is not listening to their customers and sell there details. I tried with Multilogin app and easily fool this scan and service is free of cost and have paid plans aswell. Mulilogin app is available on GNU/Linux,windows,Mac OS.
Avast (n) never

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.