Advice Request What is best Overall CyberGhost VPN or OkayFreedom or other

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Nige_40

Thread author
Gnosis said:
Search add-ons to find Cocoon. I had the same problem at one time. lol

Still can't find it. under Add-ons. plus it's not even on the Chrome store

I guess I will have to dig deeper.

Or go with Hotspot Shield again.

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
Here is one that I really like

http://www.vpnoneclick.com/

that will not put a hole in one wallet. Also, very easy to use!

N

Nige_40

Thread author
Umbra Corp. said:
type "cocoon Firefox" on google

Thanks Umbra

Moose said:
Here is one that I really like

http://www.vpnoneclick.com/

that will not put a hole in one wallet. Also, very easy to use!

Thanks for this Moose, I will look into it.

Thanks again :)

Gnosis

Level 5
Apr 26, 2011
HotSpot is good so far (ad-block+ required), but is a little slow at times.

I am going to experiment with ProXPN, SpotFlux and Security Kiss.
The others listed in this thread seem to require payment after a certain period of use or GB download total, so I won't be fooling with those just yet.

Cocoon is good, and seems to be much better than HotSpot for speedy downloads. It does nag a lot though and forces it's homepage. Pop-ups from cocoon don't seem to be a problem unless you open a new browser while proxied.

N

Nige_40

Thread author
Dashke said:
I would say - CyberGhost VPN. It is light on system, cheap, and really fast. :)

Yeah CyberGhost is good, but I ran it via a speedtest.net and it was coming out at 6mb down and 1.32 up.

My ISP is 10.90 down and 1.96 up. My ISP max down is 20mb down, but only getting 10.90 due to living 1.1 mile from the exchange.

But I was using a free CyberGhost Account so I guess, it's what you get.:)

Dashke

Level 1
Feb 3, 2012
Yup, Nige_40, you are totally right! :)
ZoPDNvT.png

P

Plexx

Thread author
Gnosis said:
The others listed in this thread seem to require payment after a certain period of use or GB download total, so I won't be fooling with those just yet.

Gnosis: SpotFulx VPN takes awhile to get gonnected and browsing speed at least for EU is slow. Not sure on US but I believe another user here, think it was Overkill also reported same issues.

Furthermore, from my tests over a course of a full week, the following that was quoted from their site were non existent (parts in Bold):

Spotflux continuously scans and protects your connection for inbound threats such as malware and viruses.

Enjoy clean ad-free browsing without tracking or targeted advertisements. Spotflux saves bandwidth, hides your IP address, and keeps your location private.

Since it is a VPN, your IP will change to a US based IP. One downfall I had with this was it limited me accessing online games that were restricted to EU only.

SecurityKISS VPN: Don't get fooled by its advertisement of FREE FOR
LIFETIME in a big box. Sure it says Daily traffic limit is imposed in the free version but doesn't show much at all. You have to go through 2 links to get the full info.

It has Daily traffic limit in the free version. For free users the limit has been increased to 300 MB/day.

Here is their pricing models.

proXVPN: If you pay it is good. If you are to use its free model, have a look at the limitations.

Here is a site with some VPN news and what not.

N

Nige_40

Thread author
Biozfear said:
Gnosis said:

Gnosis: SpotFulx VPN takes awhile to get gonnected and browsing speed at least for EU is slow. Not sure on US but I believe another user here, think it was Overkill also reported same issues.

Furthermore, from my tests over a course of a full week, the following that was quoted from their site were non existent (parts in Bold):

Spotflux continuously scans and protects your connection for inbound threats such as malware and viruses.

Enjoy clean ad-free browsing without tracking or targeted advertisements. Spotflux saves bandwidth, hides your IP address, and keeps your location private.

Since it is a VPN, your IP will change to a US based IP. One downfall I had with this was it limited me accessing online games that were restricted to EU only.

SecurityKISS VPN: Don't get fooled by its advertisement of FREE FOR
LIFETIME in a big box. Sure it says Daily traffic limit is imposed in the free version but doesn't show much at all. You have to go through 2 links to get the full info.

It has Daily traffic limit in the free version. For free users the limit has been increased to 300 MB/day.

Here is their pricing models.

proXVPN: If you pay it is good. If you are to use its free model, have a look at the limitations.

Here is a site with some VPN news and what not.
Thanks for that detailed information Bio, It sure does look Interesting the vpn surfing site.

It is nuts that these VPN company's over you all these deal's but deep down inside them they tell a different story. :)

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I'm back to looking for an alternate to OkayFreedom VPN, I've gone over my limit despite having not used it and I'm not waiting for 14th Feb before my next free allowance.

Unfortunately, I've read mixed reviews for CyberGhost (free), SecurityKISS (free) and Spotflux requires Java, so I won't be trying these three.

Was looking at Kepard (as recommended by another member). I'm sure it works, but does it support Windows 8?
http://www.kepard.com/

N

Nige_40

Thread author
Earth said:
I'm back to looking for an alternate to OkayFreedom VPN, I've gone over my limit despite having not used it and I'm not waiting for 14th Feb before my next free allowance.

Unfortunately, I've read mixed reviews for CyberGhost (free), SecurityKISS (free) and Spotflux requires Java, so I won't be trying these three.

Was looking at Kepard (as recommended by another member). I'm sure it works, but does it support Windows 8?
http://www.kepard.com/

I have dumped OkayFreedom and CyberGhost. and I agree with what you say about OkayFreedom it used all mine up and I only used it twice! But I never really done any web surfing with it.

As for CyberGhost, It looks to good to be true, and I have dumped it.

So as my Config says for VPN ? as in I dunno. :)

I have never heard of Kapard? Earth, and I'm not sure about using it on Win 8, But I did look at the link and also via Youtube, and it does not say if Windows 8 is supported.

But when I looked it up it says you get 15 days of Premium account, once you make an account, and free other times. As the site says you get extra if you Recommend to Friends :rolleyes:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
OK, so I have installed Kepard on Windows 8, works wells and not noticed any issues (yet). The products GUI is great too, really easy and simple to understand.

The only thing I'm unsure of now is what happens after the 15 days of Premium VPN, does it shrink down to 30 minutes only per day (I haven't a clue), maybe someone else knows?

:D

N

Nige_40

Thread author
Earth said:
OK, so I have installed Kepard on Windows 8, works wells and not noticed any issues (yet). The products GUI is great too, really easy and simple to understand.

The only thing I'm unsure of now is what happens after the 15 days of Premium VPN, does it shrink down to 30 minutes only per day (I haven't a clue), maybe someone else knows?

:D

I did look at a YouTube video on Kepard and in the video it said on the top right 365, so free I guess for 365 days if you don't get the Premium VPN. So don't quote me on that.

But as long as that works good, and you get a good experience after 15 days then I may get it. So I guess your the Ginnie Pig at the moment :D

robertbradthomas

Apr 9, 2013
I think this Cyberghost VPN service is best. I was using several vpn service, but they don't support linux or high price. But this Cyberghost VPN is good. And I want to say online service. Their service support 24 hours. I am using linux, so I don't well know how to set up this vpn setting. Their tech servicer support me.

N

Nige_40

Thread author
robertbradthomas said:
I think this Cyberghost VPN service is best. I was using several vpn service, but they don't support linux or high price. But this Cyberghost VPN is good. And I want to say online service. Their service support 24 hours. I am using linux, so I don't well know how to set up this vpn setting. Their tech servicer support me.

Thanks 4 the feedback :)

ysl706

Level 1
Verified
Sep 24, 2013
I have a difficulty with the Cyber ​​Ghost, very difficult links and link stability is poor. I do not recommend.

Shallofin22

Nov 1, 2013
I've used OKFreedom and Cyberghost. Cyberghost has always worked flawlessly for me, but I tried OKFreedom after finding a voucher code on the web with a free10GB of credit for their faster service....it didn't go well. I found OKFreedom to be flaky at best. It kept shutting itself down and disconnecting for no apparent reason. I tried contacting their support people and was emailed a check list of things to try. I worked my way through them - none of which helped. I contacted them again and received another email basically saying - well that's the list of things that normally cause problems and if the cause isn't on the list we cannot help further, maybe there's something on the Windows log...Having never had any success finding anything helpful on Windows logs, I uninstalled OKFreedom and went back to Cyberghost. So I'd advise anyone reading this to do the same.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Last time I tried OkayFreedom, their extension made Outlook.com not work (ie. blank page). I agree that OKF isn't that good, but if this is a recent experience of yours, then I don't think I'll look at their software again.

Shallofin22

Nov 1, 2013
Earth said:
Last time I tried OkayFreedom, their extension made Outlook.com not work (ie. blank page). I agree that OKF isn't that good, but if this is a recent experience of yours, then I don't think I'll look at their software again.

This was within the last week, so it should be current

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.