What is better Panda free antivirus or ad-aware free?

Status
Not open for further replies.

2010barba

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Apr 7, 2014
Hello Forum! :D

This is my first post here and I hope I get it right.
Practically I want them to tell me their opinions on which is better between "Panda free antivirus and ad-adware free antivirus"

The so short djeo to be understood and be easy to answer

A Salu2! from Argentina!;)

Reactions: JakeXPMan

2010barba

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Apr 7, 2014
Ready thank you very much for your comments! They helped me a lot!
I have just one more question: Avira has proactive protection?

Un Salu2!

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Ready thank you very much for your comments! They helped me a lot!
I have just one more question: Avira has proactive protection?

Un Salu2!
Si (Yes) it does.:)

Although the following is a somewhat dated post, it's wording was more direct than Avira's description.

"Proactive protection is a method used by antivirus, antimalware or antispyware to prevent or block infection. For example, real-time monitoring by security tools to watch the computer for malicious activity and on-access scanning to ensure no malicious files are running, executed or copied are called proactive protection. A firewall program is also using proactive protection to prevent attacks or intrusions into a network."

Source: http://www.brighthub.com/computing/smb-security/articles/80172.aspx

Last edited:
Reactions: JD15

OokamiCreed

Level 18
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2015
I would recommend Panda. For me detecting adware is a must and I believe Panda is better at it than Ad-Aware (which uses Bitdefender). As @JD15 said, not many AV's detect adware as it's debatable whether or not adware is malicious or not (personally I think it is). I don't like either (Panda or Ad-Aware) enough to actually use them. I just believe Panda does a much better job. Panda's web blocking is also very good and is far lighter on the system than Ad-Aware.

JakeXPMan

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014
Panda is the wiser and more effective choice ! :)

Ad Aware Antivirus, I have never tried because of the so-so tests I seen, and news I read. :confused:

Lavasoft was great when I used their "adaware" program 10 years ago for scanning removing MRUs and tracking cookies. It was my "Malwarebytes" back then. It was not turned into an Antivirus yet. o_O

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.