Slyguy

Level 40
Content Creator
Verified
Operating System
Other OS
BTW, Windscribe was hacked by NSA/CIA a year ago, so I hope they hardened their server lol
Where'd you hear this? I heard something like this, but never really saw any convincing evidence of it.

Also - a key point you mention - the most popular stuff does increase your threat surface. In addition to that be careful with honeypot organizations and services. For example the CIA themselves have been known to setup fancy, good looking, fast VPN's using a long retired CIA safe house/Drop/Weaponstash forgetting people either have long memories, or are exceptional at GoogleFu searches. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Operating System
Windows 10
I use TorGuard.

why?

rated as the fastest speeds & the best latancy again this year. (PCMAG)
includes free Off-Shore Anonymous Email
offers extras such as Static streaming IP's to get around services such as Amazon Prime Video.
Long Trusted history
Super fast Support
Always have a 50% off sale.

Mullvad is great too, but does not get around some streaming services, is more expensive & does not include an email service.

(& ive tried most of em! :) )

SumTingWong

Level 20
Verified
Operating System
Windows 10
Antivirus
Emsisoft
I use one, mullvad, so obviously it is the best for me.

What is the best for you?

BTW, Windscribe was hacked by NSA/CIA a year ago, so I hope they hardened their server lol
Mullvad has VPN server for netflix? Any slow down? Is there a trial? First time I heard this VPN provider.

Slyguy

Level 40
Content Creator
Verified
Operating System
Other OS
Some contacts, it was also revealed on reddit and Hacker News if I'm not wrong.
I recall hearing it as well, but no idea where. It wasn't a website but more from some sources. But it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't properly secure their servers.

CIA/NSA has master keys for most major enclosures, which is why it is critical your provider of 'anything' has reasonable Layer 1 security. Physical access negates all security. That's why Wikileaks uses Bahnhof Pionen as their datacenter. There are some datacenters no intelligence agency will ever access, including redundant ones with Darkfiber between sites. Expect to pay for real security though, no question about that.

R2D2

Level 4
Operating System
Windows 10
Antivirus
Windows Defender
Have subscriptions to several VPNs but ExpressVPN and Cyberghost work(ed) best for me.

SHvFl

Level 35
Content Creator
Verified
Operating System
Windows 10
I recall hearing it as well, but no idea where. It wasn't a website but more from some sources. But it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't properly secure their servers.

CIA/NSA has master keys for most major enclosures, which is why it is critical your provider of 'anything' has reasonable Layer 1 security. Physical access negates all security. That's why Wikileaks uses Bahnhof Pionen as their datacenter. There are some datacenters no intelligence agency will ever access, including redundant ones with Darkfiber between sites. Expect to pay for real security though, no question about that.
You really think that most of us here are really that important for the government to care about our content? Highly doubt it but regardless they have recourses none can imagine so if they really wanted you they would get you.

Anw on topic I only used pia and airvpn and I can say nice things about both depending on usage.