Overkill

Level 31
Verified
Operating System
Windows 7
Antivirus
I use one, mullvad, so obviously it is the best for me.

What is the best for you?

BTW, Windscribe was hacked by NSA/CIA a year ago, so I hope they hardened their server lol
What makes it the best?, and why does my ABS extension always block the site?
I thought Private Internet Access is the best or close to it?
mullvad.net
This is a malware website
Malware websites infect your device and can include viruses, worms, spyware, and Trojans.
I have been using Windscribe on my Computer and phone, but sometimes I use Orbot and InBrowser which supports Tor on my phone.

Last edited:

Umbra

Level 85
Content Creator
Verified
Operating System
Windows 10
Last edited:

LDogg

Level 23
Verified
I can't find anything out regarding Windscribe being breached by the CIA/NSA. I'm still using Windscribe.

~LDogg

Operating System
Windows 10
Antivirus
Zemana
I have good experience with Proton VPN. Great speed, a lot of servers, and ease to use applications. Only negative is the high pricing (i have plus).

If you want value for your money i should go for PIA VPN. Great price, privacy policy and performance.

My other experiences so far:

Cyberghost i stopped using few monts before speed went lower and sometimes it took forever o reconect on iPhone (i use killswitch).

Windscribe Pro Liftime i used but lost my license key :emoji_grimacing: and did not used a recovery e-mail. The speed en conncections were decent at the time, but only the iPhone application sucked (The most time i use VPN on iPhone),

Dissconect Premium VPN i treid a few day but it sucks only a few servers, dns leaking, slow speeds and very buggy. I didn't pay a lot for it an i like to experiment so it was worth the fun.

Norton and F-Secure VPN is test also a few days. It have some nice features like add blocking, malicious webfiltering, only the speed was an issue for me (to low). And privacy policy about Norton don't feel confertabel.

Operating System
Windows 10
Operating System
Windows 10
Antivirus
F-Secure
Currently using Mullvad as well, but switching to ExpressVPN sooner or later. Windscribe was alright for me, but to many dropped connections. I also have a subscription to ProtonVPN, but speeds were too slow.

Last edited:

Slyguy

Level 40
Content Creator
Verified
Operating System
Other OS
You really think that most of us here are really that important for the government to care about our content? Highly doubt it but regardless they have recourses none can imagine so if they really wanted you they would get you.
You may not be, but someone else using the product/service may be and you could be scooped up into incidental collection. Which if history serves us right, it's probably not a good thing if you aren't American. If you are American, then local, state and federal protections will keep that data into a useless state regardless, since even if there IS actionable intelligence scooped up, without proper warrants and jurisdictional considerations, it's still a useless lump of coal for them. (regardless of how they cry, moan, and complain about that)

bribon77

Level 22
Verified
Operating System
Linux
You really think that most of us here are really that important for the government to care about our content? Highly doubt it but regardless they have recourses none can imagine so if they really wanted you they would get you.
No, no, I'm so important to follow me, it would be a waste of time.
I do not use VPN for what I do, but for what they can do to me ... that is, as a layer of protection for the bad guys.:p

bribon77

Level 22
Verified
Operating System
Linux
I'm happy with Windscribe Pro. Now if only Microsoft stopped breaking IKEv2.
If it seems that IKEv2 is already running. because a few days ago it did not connect well it fell down every moment, it only connected in UDP.

Telos

Level 13
Content Creator
Verified
My rec is for AirVPN. Not only is the service rock solid, but they support an excellent forum community, and we all know the value that adds when we're deep in the technology ditch and need someone to winch us out.

Operating System
Windows 10
My rec is for AirVPN. Not only is the service rock solid, but they support an excellent forum community, and we all know the value that adds when we're deep in the technology ditch and need someone to winch us out.
a little heads up - AirVPN is one ive tested, it doesn't get around such streaming services such as Prime Video.

Amazon detects the VPN & prevents their own users using their own account.

Operating System
Windows 10
Antivirus
Kaspersky
AirVPN and NordVPN are the ones I like the most :)
Most impressed with AirVPN, just took out a trial with it, I really like the open source GUI, really like it and fast although it is late in the UK & Europe servers.