Guide | How To What is the best way to completely remove all IObit products.

The associated guide may contain user-generated or external content.

Ellie Otani

Thread author
Verified
Dec 3, 2014
Can I use Revo Uninstaller trial version to remove IObit products? I hit "BitRemover" on google search, but the posting seems old. Please advice the best way.

Reactions: MalwareT

Av Gurus

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 22, 2014
If you have x32 windows you can use Revo free but if you have x64 then you can use Geekuninstaller

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Welcome :D

There are many free Uninstaller programs out there, so you do not need to install Revo Uninstaller Pro which should be primarly aimed at Windows 64-bit users who want real-time background program monitoring during installation. - According to my understanding of the product. However, Revo Uninstaller Free will be compatible for Windows 32-bit users, where there are no 64-bit programs.

I use Geek Uninstaller which is free and available for portable use. You can download from the link below.
http://www.geekuninstaller.com (Please note, the Free version is different to the Paid version). - Choose Free version only.

donetao

Level 20
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
Hi! I would like to add my 2 cents. REVO is good, but it will always leave a few things behind. I personally use regedit to delete all left over registry entries. I wouldn't recommend regedit to a inexperienced user. You need to know what doing and have a back up plan to use regedit!
I do recommend Search Everything to get the left over files and folders that REVO misses.
I also use the search feature in Regseeker to find left over registry entries. This also requires knowledge and caution.
I only use the search feature of Regseeker. I do not recommend the other features as messing with the registry can cause you a lot of grief.
Registry cleaners are not recommended on MT. I think you're making a good decision to uninstall IObit. I will say no more about that.
Here's a safe link for Search Everything. You will love this free software!
http://www.voidtools.com/downloads/
http://www.voidtools.com/faq/

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I used Revo Uninstaller trial version to remove IObit. Is it right ?

Well any uninstaller can do as long it will detect all the traces as much as possible , mostly software algorithm are already at fix position therefore very minimal chances to occured mistaken for flagging it,

Reactions: Agrodut and scot

Rahadian Putra

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 28, 2014
Indeed, I agree with most fellow here, especially with @donetao
I always do the same thing, usually I just manually uninstall it through start menu, or from add/remove programs, once I done that I use Everything to find any left over files, next step by using Regseeker, but I do not recommend the last one, it's not for inexperienced user, well of course unless you really know how to use it :)

Also..in my opinion its unnecessary to buy Revo (unless you really want to support them of course) there are many freeware available which is do the same thing and does the job (geek uninstaller). And even you use this so called "Pro" version, it will left any traces on your computer, no matter what, and you'll ended up to clean these left over files/traces manually eventually.

donetao

Level 20
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
Hi @Rahadian Putra I agree. No need to buy REVO. It's always nice to support a program like REVO however. Also Regseeker should only be used if you're trying to reinstall a program and registry entries are stopping you from reinstalling that program. It is not for a inexperienced user. I have used Regseeker to uninstall left overs when a program wouldn't reinstall. Usually Search Everything will get the job done and you will be able to reinstall the program.

Use IOBit Uninstaller :D They know where their keys are.

It's the only IOBit product I use, and it's top notch. Better than Geek and Revo free.
Sorry! I have no use for any IObit software. I remember their past and therefore I can not support them.
If it works for you, then that's what you should use.;)

Last edited by a moderator:

darko999

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
Oct 2, 2014
Hi I have added the link. What adware??
http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/

Nasty open candy

2cenu3n.png

The day I see my AV on this list I'll unistall it and go for something else :p

141s01x.png

Last edited:

Šovelén

Level 3
Verified
Mar 29, 2014
1) Do not install IObit product
If it is too late :
2) Format C: /Q, reinstal OS, and do not install IObit product :D

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Sorry! I have no use for any IObit software. I remember their past and therefore I can not support them.
If it works for you, then that's what you should use.;)
IObit Uninstaller v1.4 was the last good release, from then onwards they added more features -not always a positive- and in their latest version, it silently installs to Program Files, background service etc.

On the topic of their past, the Malwarebytes' database theft doesn't cloud my judgment of this product.

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
IObit Uninstaller v1.4 was the last good release, from then onwards they added more features -not always a positive- and in their latest version, it silently installs to Program Files, background service etc.

On the topic of their past, the Malwarebytes' database theft doesn't cloud my judgment of this product.

In the latest version you can choose where to install. Also the service is being installed to monitor installed application in real-time.

Reactions: frogboy

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
you could clean advanced uninstaller pro setup file containing opencandy and then install the same. Avg tuneup is bundled with it.
if in doubt try pc decrapifier
pcdecrapifier.com/

Reactions: MalwareT

Agrodut

Level 1
Verified
Dec 10, 2014
Well any uninstaller can do as long it will detect all the traces as much as possible , mostly software algorithm are already at fix position therefore very minimal chances to occured mistaken for flagging it,
Thanks for your suggestion

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.