What is the good solution blocking malicious email?

yuki_itou0221

Thread author
Feb 10, 2019
I sometimes received many malicious email. These email contain malicious files. It's difficult to block them because everytime Sender email address, IP and mail server were different.

If you have good security products, it works well. However these security products are always expensive.

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
It starts with the good email provider. You can forward email through several emails to filter it, like gmail > outlook > zoho > yandex > gmail. Each uses its own filtering system and AV, so it is like a multi-layer protection for free. I have my spam email public and I get like 2 bad emails per month.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
It starts with the good email provider. You can forward email through several emails to filter it, like gmail > outlook > zoho > yandex > gmail. Each uses its own filtering system and AV, so it is like a multi-layer protection for free. I have my spam email public and I get like 2 bad emails per month.
But with so many filters, you are likely to lose several legitimate messages along the way. You will have to check the spam folder of every service.

I sometimes received many malicious email. These email contain malicious files. It's difficult to block them because everytime Sender email address, IP and mail server were different.

If you have good security products, it works well. However these security products are always expensive.
Don't open a file unless you know the sender and you were expecting the file. If you have any question about it, ask the sender. Always be suspicious of attachments.

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
But with so many filters, you are likely to lose several legitimate messages along the way. You will have to check the spam folder of every service.
That used to be problem in the past, but not so much lately, though there are exceptions, like mail.ru refusing forwarded emails from MS (DMARK).

Attachments

• capture_02202019_233307.jpg
    capture_02202019_233307.jpg
    210.8 KB · Views: 302

yuki_itou0221

Thread author
Feb 10, 2019
Thank you for many reply. Using the good email service is one of the good solutions. In my case, this company can't allow using free email service like gmail, yahoo, etc... In this case, this company could be huge organization, and many bad actors try to send virus to employees. This company uses very expensive but really high-tech security products blocking suspicious emails. However sometimes it doesn't work. Then i wonder if there're any better solutions... Educating employees not open suspicious email is the next step blocking suspicious emails, I guess.

Reactions: bribon77 and shmu26

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Thank you for many reply. Using the good email service is one of the good solutions. In my case, this company can't allow using free email service like gmail, yahoo, etc... In this case, this company could be huge organization, and many bad actors try to send virus to employees. This company uses very expensive but really high-tech security products blocking suspicious emails. However sometimes it doesn't work. Then i wonder if there're any better solutions... Educating employees not open suspicious email is the next step blocking suspicious emails, I guess.
Companies get targeted email attacks, and that is hard to filter out. Sometimes, the messages look like they came from a co-worker or even the boss. But there are things that the IT department can do to tighten up security, so even if there is a malicious attachment, it won't hurt the system.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.