What is the lightest antivirus available right now?

Myna

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Jan 16, 2014
ok in the case you described above if the computer is open to everybody better use an on demand scanner , it will be better than any realtime AV; if the visitor USB is infected the AVs will delete/quarantine his file right away, not saying about false positives.

It happen to me with Avast in an internet shop , i was planning to send my clean files then avast deleted them right away saying they were malwares...
Any suggestion on ON-Demand scanner ???? I do use malwarebytes on my laptop. Will MAM be fine ??? Any other alternative ???? except for hitman pro.

D

Deleted member 178

you Have Emsisoft Emergency Kit (EAM made portable), you don't even need to install it ;) just download the signatures on the online computer then copy the folder to the offline one, then run the scan.

http://www.emsisoft.com/en/software/eek/

MBAM is fine enough too

Myna

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Jan 16, 2014
Well I think I have Emisoft Emergency kit on my laptop. I'll have to do a search. and I definitely have MBAM. I'll give them a try today itself. Thank you....

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Well I think I have Emisoft Emergency kit on my laptop. I'll have to do a search. and I definitely have MBAM. I'll give them a try today itself. Thank you....

I have my old PC at my parents house. It's Intel Celeron 2.8 GHz with 512mb of RAM. I have no AV's there. My mom knows how to power up the computer, to play a playlist I have created with a large icon on the desktop, to watch some pictures and to play ZUMA :cool:, and to shutdown the machine.
Windows XP is there. It has mine, password protected, admin account and other free user account.
Free user account has almost everything restricted, access to Program Files, Windows, Control Panel, execution files restriction except for Winamp, GOM player, Office 2003 and Sumatra PDF and some games.
Avast has been installed some time with everything to be automatically cleaned or done without user interaction. PC was doing fine.
I could install Comodo there also, but there's no point. Users with so little or no knowledge about computers will not know how to deal with Comodo's notifications.
Then I decided to remove the Avast since there's almost no way to be infected as I am the only one who has the full access to the computer. Always scan USB's before attaching and know what program has toolbar implemented in installer.
IMO, this is the lightest solution you can find.

Reactions: Deleted member 178

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.