Not open for further replies.

Kate_L

in memoriam
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 21, 2014
I wanna know what you think, why you think that is important.

For me the privacy is the most important, if a antivirus or security product will send a lot of information about me then what is the difference between a malware and that product.

Reactions: XhenEd and Moose

qqamresh

Jun 4, 2014
I would put it as privacy & support. The only reason I prefer a paid antivirus is in terms of support. That's why I use quick heal coz hey have a very robust support system...online & offline

M

MalwareT

-Memory usage and performance impact on pc;
-High detection rate;
-Great protection against phishing and malware sites;
-Great behavioral blocking.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Slimmed down to the two most important for myself. (Voted: Ease of use)

Privacy (Protects your privat data, send's little information about you)
- It's important that the user is given the option to opt-out. A lot of security products have anonymous data collection by default, so this is should be clear during installation.

Easy to use (Install and forget about it)
- No need for an over-complicated antivirus or suite, with a lot of options and features.

But I couldn't let the Good Performance slip past either, the security product shouldn't consume a lot of the CPU during a definition update, watching an offline movie, or browsing flash-based content.

Protection and Malware Removal are of less importance.

Y

yigido

If we talk about security
number one is "Protection/Prevention"

then, we have other works too. AV product shouldn't use my PC(this PC also my PC)
number two is "Performance"

after that, we want privacy everywhere
number 3 is "Privacy"

Finally, after all 3P , you need the other choices for usability :)

Brahman

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 22, 2013
privacy and protection (in all its senses) > good detection rate> performance>usability>support.
Support is the last thing i ever want from an av related company.

Reactions: MalwareT

Nikos751

Level 20
Verified
Malware Tester
Feb 1, 2013
It depends of the kind of the user we refer to. Most people I know of, do have little knowledge on PC security so the main goal for the product is to be able to be installed and work without user interaction. I don't mean only prompts for detections, program updates etc, but also for things like upgrade popups for example. I 've seen users who clicked on popups which prompted them to upgrade to a more complete version of the app, and they 've end up with a time limited trial.

Knowledgable users, want something light on resources, not buggy, with few FP's, and generally good detection/cleaning.

Paranoid users are more concerned of having the best security possible whatever costs there might be.

Reactions: XhenEd

Wax

Level 1
Verified
May 28, 2014
Protection and good performance are of course very important. However I also think false positives are hugely important as well and something that's frequently overlooked. While most of us would see when a file is misdiagnosed by an antivirus and take the appropriate action, most people wouldn't. And that can lead to a whole host of problems when benign files are quarantined or even deleted.

So for me:
1. Protection
2. False positives
3. Good performance

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.