Not open for further replies.

Kate_L

in memoriam
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 21, 2014
I wanna know what you think, why you think that is important.

For me the privacy is the most important, if a antivirus or security product will send a lot of information about me then what is the difference between a malware and that product.

Reactions: XhenEd and Moose

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
The most important is definitely not Protection because none will offer 100%, you can get infected using any security product if you don't take precautions. Protection and detection rate is based on the user's own actions, if a product detects or doesn't detect a malware sample the user still has control whether to download/run or not download/run the malware. Since protection can be controlled by the user's own actions, it makes it the least important because other factors can not be controlled by the user.

1. Easy to use (user-friendliness) is the most important, if a user can not understand how to use the product then it is useless to them even if it offers better protection.

2. Good performance (doesn't increase system response time, stable, doesn't have a lot of bugs,compatible with all other installed software, etc.)

3. Low False Positives (which was not mentioned is also very important, they can't delete or quarantine important user files or programs, mess up Windows kernel files and corrupt Windows to the point that it requires reinstallation, cause more problems what what an actual malware infection may cause)

4. Privacy (security products should always have opt-outs on collecting user data) but some do not.

No security products offer good Malware Removal abilities, you should not consider this a factor, always use dedicated malware removal tools which will provide much better results.

Enjoy!! :D

alexp79

Level 2
Verified
Jul 16, 2013
hello
for me it's protection and malware removal first, then performances in second, privacy in third; i hate too heavy products in general; it's why also i prefer antivirus versions than internet security ones^^

Reactions: Nedim

kmr1684

Level 3
Verified
Jun 23, 2014
i am always big fan of behavior analysis programs like comodo D+ :cool::cool: so that i know what's happening in my system, as well i know what are all installed working in my system, so moral of the story i will in total control of my system not the anything.exe :D:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.