What is the resource usage of Shadow Defender?

Tempnexus

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Nov 25, 2015
I have ESET and Webroot running on my system along with Emisosft Firewall. I was wondering how much Resources does Shadow Defender consume.

Tempnexus

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Nov 25, 2015
8 Mb on idle, 15mb when in shadow Mode
Ok SO how would I go about this problem.
I have 5 drives. ONe of the drives is my backup drive that is constantly connected and my TrueImage is doing incremental backups to it. I presume, I can't set it as a Shadow Mode drive? Since then no backups will be saved to it?

But then what happens if I get nailed by a crypter virus? Will it not be able to encrypt that drive? So the point of Shadow Defender would be lost.

Kate_L

in memoriam
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 21, 2014
1.4 Mb on idle, ~ 9Mb in shadow Mode (this is on W7 64x).

L

LabZero

Ok SO how would I go about this problem.
I have 5 drives. ONe of the drives is my backup drive that is constantly connected and my TrueImage is doing incremental backups to it. I presume, I can't set it as a Shadow Mode drive? Since then no backups will be saved to it?

But then what happens if I get nailed by a crypter virus? Will it not be able to encrypt that drive? So the point of Shadow Defender would be lost.
Not sure well understood, but:

with Shadow Defender installed, you can configure it to put any drive (system, another partition or external drive) in Shadow Mode.
During the shadow session each backup on an external Hdd (if your drives are in Shadow Mode) will be lost on reboot.
If a ransmoware encrypt files of any drive in shadow mode, at reboot all changes will be lost, and then the data will be as before encryption

Last edited by a moderator:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.