What is your Favorite Mobile Brand in 2017?

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
Voted for Samsung (Flagships) against the ones listed
  • Samsung - (My ex-brand) have been a fan of their innovation and first in class features. Disliked their aggressive phone making strategies (so manyyy models every year) of which many are forgotten soon. Some have cheap builds and slowest of s/w. Flagships are the go-to here!
  • Huawei - sister uses it. As customizable as many other Chinese OS. Newer phones have nice build and camera. Some flagships quite replicate iPhone. Like it :)
  • IPhone - whenever I encounter any bug or lags in Android, I am reminded of this Holy brand. But then I realize its closed ecosystem and certain limitations (no offence) and forget about it immediately
  • Oppo - never tried hands-on. They are aiming to do big though
  • Xiaomi - my current brand. Many great features and options, enough to get any rookie or intermediate confused or keep them under the dark for days before they know that their phone had that feature too!
  • Sony - never liked their build or Screen to Body ratio. Older UI looked unimpressive
  • Lenovo - like Oppo, didn't experience much. I'll prefer Moto over it. The requirement specs leads to many differences between the two's objectives, quality and provisions
  • LG - UI and features are nice, but don't get to see them in public
  • HTC - Costly yeah! Again, don't get to see many
  • Nokia - need to say anything? :D (excluding Windows, the simplicity phones)

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
i vote lenovo cuz they took motorola
Yet, do not consider Moto under Lenovo brand because they are separately handled and marketed. Both have different model series.
You'll find tons of differences between them in many terms because their brand images (are actually kept different effectively), design, functionalities etc will be unique and not alike :)

Why not add Motorola in the options @Atatrah

ttto

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Sep 22, 2016
For me, Apple, because their design and the excellent iOS performance. My android choice would be HTC, a bit costly, but I simply love their designs, and very good quality phones.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Have always been an Android and a HTC fan. Started with the Wildfire and then moved to the M7, M8 and now the Google Pixel XL. By far I'm inlove with the Google Pixel XL. For the reason I'm still supporting HTC as they are the manufacturers and Google for the bone stock OS. Not all these skins that are applied when you get a new phone like the HTC Sense, etc.

Rest of my household is using iOS and are always trying to get me to "convert" to iOS but I'm just liking the freedom you can do with Android compared to iOS. I see Android as a advanced user OS compared to iOS where you can just set and forget basically.

So my favourite mobile brand for 2017 is Google Pixel XL. Cameras amazing, phone build is awesome and the bone stock Android experience is the best!

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well for me honestly the root of my pick goes not on the mainstream brands but to minor ones.

Firefly Mobile

Source

The year 2009 marked the company’s transformation from an OEM producer to the brand that it is today. With the goals of challenging the market, going bigger, doing better and breaking molds, FIREFLY MOBILE evolved into a consumer-facing brand. The Philippine market was identified as one of the technology pillars of Asia and was naturally chosen as our base of Global Operations. In 2010

Firefly Mobile unlike other brands, the smartphones contain high quality features without any unnecessary bloatware. Fresh stock ROM of Android and the packaging is also another good thing to please users to use it.

Majority of high end smartphones are packed with minimum 2GB of RAM with decent hardware specifications (rated 15k on Antutu Benchmarks) + not so bad camera megapixels from rear and front.

Durable since it's been undergone different drop test to ensure the quality of smartphone.

Amelith Nargothrond

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 22, 2017
I got high hopes for the new Nokias. They say they will update their phones regularly, at least with security updates. I had enough of Samsung and their twice in a lifetime update plans.

Personal preferences about the phones: the look, the described built quality, usually good cameras and batteries.

So my vote goes to Nokia.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.