Advice Request What is your opinion about Microsoft Windows Defender (Windows 10)?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Captain Awesome

Level 23
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 7, 2016
I hate these articles that try and tell you they're cent. The quoted av-test.org mentioned is from Feb 2019 but anyway. I think it's good particularly when I set it to High in ConfiureDefender and use @Andy Ful 's Hard_Configurator to lock down my system ;)
I also use Windows Defender with some tweak in registry and group policy. It is much better compare to default one.
Thank you

Marko :)

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 12, 2015
I use it and I'm satisfied so far. The thing that bothers me the most is I don't know what data it collects. Microsoft's privacy policy isn't detailed so I have no way of knowing what it does in the back... 😕

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
I hate to admit it, but WD is on par with any other top notch AV in the terms of detection, ever-since it includes ATP.
I also use Windows Defender with some tweak in registry and group policy.
Exactly, it could really improve GUI and overall user friendliness to control its settings. It is like a great tasting cake, but it just lacks the topping. :)

Attachments

• Windows Defender.jpg
    Windows Defender.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 457
  • Other AV.jpg
    Other AV.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 437

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.