What is your security configuration?? Paid or Free

Status
Not open for further replies.

tapoo

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Jan 21, 2012
what is main security configuration?? you depends on free configuration OR you trust only on Paid security software's?? or you don't even use security softwares??

VOTE :cool:

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Mine would have to be free and paid, as VMware is paid and that's where I do my testing on.

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
Free software can perform just as good if not better than paid software without the added bloat of hardly used features included in most paid suites.

What's my preference? I use Windows 8 with Windows Defender, Windows Firewall, UAC & SmartScreen and I apply some actual brain cells not to go around happy clicking on unknown websites or downloads without checking with URLVoid, Virustotal & Anubis.

All in all this setup has done me great than any other paid suite has.

Thanks. :)

Nedim

Level 12
Verified
Mar 17, 2013
I don't mind to pay for a good software.I usually pay as a form of support for a particular company and to support future developments.
But also I like to find it cheap thru giveaways,discounts and good offers.I have to say I do trust free software as long as it comes from a reputable developer.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
I have only used free security products since about 2004.
For those who don't think free is as good as paid, I have not had one single infection since I ditched paid software.

Of coarse using common sense when downloading files and browsing the web is the most important factors to keep you safe from infections. Security software is just there in case you make a mistake.

Windows 8 with Windows Defender + UAC + Windows Firewall + SmartScreen is enough protection for those who pay attention to their actions. If you don't pay attention to your actions then no security products will be able to keep you safe free or paid, so why waste money?

Thanks.:D

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012
The question is little tricky for me.
Actually I am using paid security for which I haven't spent a penny.
All these software licenses comes from giveaways/forum friends/developers as I am a bit active member in tech forums.

:D

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I've prefer Linux.

Why? Because the environment itself is packed of tighten securities, and possible very small chance to cracked it by hackers.

Most exe Windows Format would not work well thus low rate of infection.

Browsing matters is not a big deal caused you have a confident for that due on OS environment unlike Windows.

Its all about actions, free or paid can do very well as long responsible users handle with consistent from dangers.

tapoo

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Jan 21, 2012
looks like "Paid+Free combination" and "Only Free softwares" fighting here.....

and why is "Paid softwares only" scores low, i remember more members use Paid security softwares

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
There are more people used paid products however installed alongside a free products due on lack of components when combination is capable well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.