What Process Manager You Prefer/Use(3rd Party)

Thunder33345

Thread author
Nov 21, 2015
i am using Process Hacker whats yours?
process hacker is quite nice and it manage to kill bd

and do anyone know any task manager that is unkillable(to prevent malware to try to kill it)

Reactions: upnorth

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I've tried way back before with Comodo KillSwitch and Process Explorer which are very good for viewing reference purpose.

System Explorer is another worth to try as it can give you enough information on the process as it contains numerous database information.

Reactions: upnorth and Kent
D

Deleted member 178

Process Hacker and Comodo Killswitch here. Even if they are from the same source, i have different usage for each.

Reactions: Kent

abels

Level 1
Nov 26, 2015
I use Process Explorer and System Explorer to check running processes, PCHunter to remove infected malware.

D

Deleted Member 333v73x

ProcessExplorer and KillSwitch, I haven't used any others so I don't know

DracusNarcrym

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 16, 2015
I love tools by Sysinternals (and in particular Process Monitor a.k.a. "procmon"), however as a process manager I prefer COMODO Killswitch by far.
Killswitch's code is heavily based on Process Hacker (including Process Hacker's base functionality), plus integration with COMODO's Cloud Lookup functions for quick verification of a file's trust rating. :p

L

LabZero

I'm using Process Hacker and you can lock, start and stop processes, change priority settings, see GDI handle, select multiple processes and create dumps of processes. In addition, you can manage virtual memory, display the list of network connections, etc.
And I like Sandboxie plugin functionality: you can "Terminate (all) Sandboxed Processes".

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
Process Hacker mainly, sometimes Process Explorer, but that is not on a daily basis. Only when I have to fix a system. On day to day basis, normal Task Manager is enough for my needs.

DracusNarcrym

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 16, 2015
I see mostly everyone prefers Process Hackers or its variants (i.e. COMODO Killswitch).

This would be really good as a poll question. :D

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.