Advice Request What security solution for a gamer PC?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Aktiffiso

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Aug 24, 2013
I like to know what of this are good if i am gammer
Emsi + comodo firewall
Bitdefender TS
Kaspersky IS
Bullguard

Question

Level 3
Verified
Jun 22, 2018
I have
i7 4770k
GTX 1060 6GB
16GB RAM

Im running Kaspersky Free, IObit MalwareFighter & ADWCleaner

Aktiffiso

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Aug 24, 2013
Ok maybe not are a really gamer laptop, its good but not the 7 wonder but run some heavy games. The laptop have the follow specs

Número de producto
1GR84LA
Nombre del producto
HP Notebook - 15-bs011la
Microprocesador
Intel® Core™ i3-6006U (2 GHz, 3 MB de caché, 2 núcleos)
Memoria, estándar
8 GB de SDRAM DDR4-2133 (1 x 8 GB)
Gráficos de vídeo
  • Gráficos Intel® HD 520 (hasta 4,07 GB)
  • Integrada
Disco duro
SATA de 1 TB y 5400 rpm
Pantalla
Pantalla con retroiluminación WLED HD SVA BrightView de 15,6" en diagonal (1366 x 768)
Teclado
Teclado de tamaño completo tipo isla con teclado numérico
Dispositivo apuntador
Panel táctil que admite gestos multitáctiles
Conectividad inalámbrica
Combo de Wi-Fi® 802.11b/g/n (1x1) y Bluetooth® 4.0
Interfaz de red
LAN 10/100/1000 GbE integrada
Ranuras de expansión
1 lector de tarjetas SD multiformato
Puertos externos
2 USB 3.1 Gen 1 (solo transferencia de datos); 1 USB 2.0; 1 HDMI; 1 RJ-45; 1 combinación de auriculares/micrófono
Dimensiones mínimas (anch. x prof. x alt.)
38 x 25,38 x 2,38 cm
Peso
1,95 kg
Tipo de fuente de alimentación
Adaptador de alimentación de CA de 45 W
Tipo de batería
iones de litio de 3 celdas, 31 W/h
Cámara
Cámara HD HP TrueVision con micrófono digital integrado
Funciones de audio
Altavoces estéreo

Software
Sistema operativo
Windows 10 Home 64
HP apps
HP Orbit; HP CoolSense; HP ePrint; HP Audio Switch; HP Jumpstart; HP Recovery Manager; HP Support Assistant
Software included
McAfee LiveSafe™
Pre-installed software
Netflix

I run naruto shippuden ninja storm 4

RoboMan

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Hi @Aktiffiso, for your hardware specs I would recommend you NOT to overload your capacity with heavy solutions.

My personal recommendations would be:

• Kasperksy Internet Security 2019 (which is currently anytime to be oficially released, I personally don't like the v18 resource consumption)
  • ESET Internet Security
  • Windows Defender + OSArmor

Any of this should protect you decent enough without compromising your gaming experience. I personally have a gaming laptop and use KIS19 on it and Windows Defender on my secondary laptop. Just don't throw any Rasengan on it and you should be fine.

D

Deleted member 178

solution for gamer? none !
in my old hardcore gamer's day, i used to dual boot with an OS stripped from all unnecessary service/programs then protected by Shadow Defender; i would reload a clean system at every boot.

Last edited by a moderator:

AlanOstaszewski

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Jul 27, 2017
So your hardware is pretty bad. With this weak hard disk, I would advise you to harden your system a little (with Hard_Configurator) and a protection that is only activated when you need it. SmartScreen should be perfect, you can disable MS Defender and pre-installed McAfee. This setup has many advantages:
* You don't need to install anything - everything you need for protection comes with Windows.
* SmartScreen only runs if you want to install a program from the Internet. Otherwise it is always deactivated. Perfect for gamers and for your protection too!

CyberTech

Level 44
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
Well uninstall McAfee LiveSafe first then install good antivirus with the firewall. For you i think go with ESET Internet Security if you pay it or Avast free & Simplewall, and HitmanPro.Alert, when you play games make sure turn on game mode because they are light for your laptop i read your games i think thats fine...

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
First bit of advice iobit Malware Fighter isn't good at all. For gaming you'll find the lightest thing you can use is VoodooShield for a lockdown approach (this is personal & doesn't have to be followed) or use Avast Free (w/ hardened mode) or Sophos Free.

~LDogg

Reactions: Weebarra

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I have
i7 4770k
GTX 1060 6GB
16GB RAM

Im running Kaspersky Free, IObit MalwareFighter & ADWCleaner
You should not need Iobit MalwareFighter as an on-demand scanner, nor AdwCleaner (Malwarebytes).

Get yourself Unchecky.com to prevent Adware/Toolbars/Unwanted Programs from getting installed in the first place. You can share your complete set-up here.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.