Battle What should I go with Eset, Kaspersky or Vipre?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billcomputerman123

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Feb 12, 2015
hi i was wondering which of these exceptional products i should use myself and reccomend to customers

Mod Edit.

Last edited by a moderator:

Billcomputerman123

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Feb 12, 2015
This is a question better answered by you.

Meaning, it depends on your system resources, system uses, and your personal knowledge. It is best to try each of these above for a week or so, and see which one fits the bill for you "Pun intended" :D
yeah lol ive used all except vipre just installed vipre lol the customer i got right now i might just set them up with vipre internet security lifetime with malwarebytes pro

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2
I

illumination

yeah lol ive used all except vipre just installed vipre lol the customer i got right now i might just set them up with vipre internet security lifetime with malwarebytes pro
A customer is much like you, and will depend on their uses. I always recommend them to trial something for a bit as well, before purchasing. If it does not work out two weeks down the road for them, they can become, well, a little irritated for spending the money already, so better safe then sorry :)

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

3link9

Level 5
Verified
Oct 22, 2011
Im a Kaspersky guy but ill be unbiased here (I do my best to always not to be):
  • Resource Usage (eg: CPU, RAM) Eset is lowest
  • Real World System Impact Varies, but eset usually wins here.
  • User Friendliness Eset
  • User Interface Vipre (if its the GUI I'm thinking of)
  • Level of Protection and Features (eg: Antivirus , Firewall, Behavior Blocker) Kaspersky
  • Overall Winner Eset for performance, Kaspersky for protection.
I had too many problems with VIPRE so i dont recommend it at all.

Billcomputerman123

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Feb 12, 2015
Im a Kaspersky guy but ill be unbiased here (I do my best to always not to be):
  • Resource Usage (eg: CPU, RAM) Eset is lowest
  • Real World System Impact Varies, but eset usually wins here.
  • User Friendliness Eset
  • User Interface Vipre (if its the GUI I'm thinking of)
  • Level of Protection and Features (eg: Antivirus , Firewall, Behavior Blocker) Kaspersky
  • Overall Winner Eset for performance, Kaspersky for protection.
I had too many problems with VIPRE so i dont recommend it at all.
So the lifetime isnt worth it with vipre

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
A customer is much like you, and will depend on their uses. I always recommend them to trial something for a bit as well, before purchasing. If it does not work out two weeks down the road for them, they can become, well, a little irritated for spending the money already, so better safe then sorry :)
Agree with @illumination, trials dispel buyer's remorse as well as educating through experience.;)
My wife just completed her 30 day trial (today) for Kaspersky IS. She's liked ESET NOD 32 in the past, and is ready to try their Smart Security suite. Since we don't own enough computers to trial Vipre at this time, I'll just have to keep up on my reading here!:D

miketan77

Level 3
Verified
Jul 24, 2014
I'm trying Vipre antivirus 2015.
upload_2015-5-21_14-54-16.png

upload_2015-5-21_14-57-34.png

Maybe I need download some virus/malware samples for this testing purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.