Advice Request What software would you pay most?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

greatdivide

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Nov 20, 2015
Let's just say that money is really really tight, but you have enough to buy just 1 security software or anything that can protect you online, which one would it be?

This would be the scenario:
- User doesn't browse obvious malware sites.
- User plays games, uses Photoshop, and browses regularly with some safety addons from Mozilla.
- User barely uses USB. If he does, it's mostly to copy-paste movies/games/music and he's 100% confident that the drive is 100% free from virus.

Very interested in your input.

A

above

Save the money and install Comodo Firewall according to cruelsisters's recommendation and your security is going to be better than most paid suites. ( my experience for close to 2 yrs.)

H

hjlbx

Let's just say that money is really really tight, but you have enough to buy just 1 security software or anything that can protect you online, which one would it be?

This would be the scenario:
- User doesn't browse obvious malware sites.
- User plays games, uses Photoshop, and browses regularly with some safety addons from Mozilla.
- User barely uses USB. If he does, it's mostly to copy-paste movies/games/music and he's 100% confident that the drive is 100% free from virus.

Very interested in your input.

Sandboxie - Lifetime license

or

AppGuard - version Lifetime license

Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
Honestly you can build a very decent security system free of charge like what I'm doing now.
AV: ESET (got a free code from giveaways, but any AV including Qihoo 360 to Avast will do perfectly)
USB scanner: MC Shield (better safe than sorry, plus it doesn't really use much resource)
Sandbox: Sandboxie Free
Anti-Exploit: Malwarebytes Anti Exploit
Companion AV/2nd opinion scanner: Zemana Antimalware
Firewall: ESET took over my firewall but if I wasn't using ESET, Windows firewall would have done just fine

Don't rely on just 1 piece of software to keep you safe, that is virtually impossible, unless you're talking about virtual machines, but those are a hassle (to me). :p

But if you really want to buy a piece of software that would make your system that much secure I think Shadow defender would be a good choice.

Reactions: Rishi
H

hjlbx

Honestly you can build a very decent security system free of charge like what I'm doing now.
AV: ESET (got a free code from giveaways, but any AV including Qihoo 360 to Avast will do perfectly)
USB scanner: MC Shield (better safe than sorry, plus it doesn't really use much resource)
Sandbox: Sandboxie Free
Anti-Exploit: Malwarebytes Anti Exploit
Companion AV/2nd opinion scanner: Zemana Antimalware
Firewall: ESET took over my firewall but if I wasn't using ESET, Windows firewall would have done just fine

Don't rely on just 1 piece of software to keep you safe, that is virtually impossible, unless you're talking about virtual machines, but those are a hassle (to me). :p

But if you really want to buy a piece of software that would make your system that much secure I think Shadow defender would be a good choice.

I agree on Shadow Defender - Lifetime license.

greatdivide

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Nov 20, 2015
Hmm. Shadow Defender seems to be famous. I'll give that one a look.

I'll also search the forums for some giveaways and hopefully I can win one of them. Thank you very much for your replies amigos!

D

Deleted member 2913

I will not get any paid security software.

I will use the tight money in a lot better way.

And there are free software or layered approach protects better or equal to paid security software.

H

hjlbx

And there are free software or layered approach protects better or equal to paid security software.

@yesnoo is correct on this one - I cannot deny it.

greatdivide

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Nov 20, 2015

This is just a sample scenario.

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Don't buy anything, with money tight you should spend them on something you really need. Use no virus thanks exe and a free antivirus of your choosing. You should be fine.

Rishi

Level 19
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 3, 2015
Use free products like Comodo, Avast, Qihoo, Zemana, MBAM ,Crystal Security,NVT ERP Beta ...so many choices, you can probably build multiple configs just by using free softw.

Tinywall firewall

Backup - AOMEI or Macrium Reflect Free, MEGA online storage, onedrive..

Ccleaner free/Privazer or just use the inbuilt windows tools..

Sandboxie free,Toolwiz Time freeze(doesnt protect MBR)

Norton DNS, or browser addons like Bitdefender TrafficLight for online safety... and safe browsing habits..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.