What Softwares do you use fo Maintenance and Tweaking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I installed SmartDefrag on Windows XP, not used it yet though. :lol:

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
Dieselman said:
BoostSpeed = Full suite which cost money. Auslogics disk defrag is free and one component of BoostSpeed. Try Smart Defrag and try Auslogics. See which one you like best. Smart Defrag has more features and also does a boot defrag.

ok,, i'll try :)
thx man

Dieselman

Level 1
Mar 26, 2011
I have tried all the free defraggers. But Smart Defrag 2.0 has definitely got the most features and I think over all it does a better job. Puran is very good also but slow.

moonshine

Level 7
Verified
Apr 19, 2011
CCleaner and System Ninja - Cleaning junk
jv16 PowerTools 2011 - Maintenance and Tweaking
Defaggler - Hard drive defragmentation and Optimization

acuariano

May 16, 2011
i like raxco perfectdisk,but it creates 2,3 processes for continuing defragging.
ccleaner and winappi
jv16 powertools and those tweaks works great,regvac
blackviper filter [my pc is old]
-has anybody tried fresh ui?

moonshine

Level 7
Verified
Apr 19, 2011
Replaced Defraggler with Puran Defrag Free, Works much better because it can optimize your hard drive and I noticed the performance improvements after the Boot Time Defrag

Ramblin

Level 3
May 14, 2011
Only CCleaner. I tried Auslogic defragger but prefer to use XPs
own. Have a free license for TU 2010 but never used it. Tried
Revo but did not feel safe using it, I prefer Windows uninstaller.

Bo

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
I use process explorer and windows own tools such as msconfig, services.msc, no back up tool (I have never seen any need of such thing; the important data and files are on external hardware), I also use Puran (it may be slower than other but good), CTM (comodo time machine). I do have Comodo Backup but I don't use it.

I used to use Mztweak's tools and RAM booster.

Most of the tools to tweak windows is within the OS, and such as TU use windows own tools to tweak the OS.

Regards,
Valentin N

Gnosis

Level 5
Apr 26, 2011
I prefer Smart Defrag, Power Tools Lite, and CCleaner. Sometimes I use Tweak UI.

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
now, i just use auslogics disk defrag and ccleaner :)
simple and not use lot memory on HD ^^

D

Deleted member 178

Defragger : Perfect Disk, Puran (testing)
Tweaker & cleaner : Windows 7 manager, ccleaner,

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
What I would really recommend right now for free "Maintenance and Tweaking" is TUU 2010... TUU is giving away their 2010 version...with a lifetime license... http://www.tuneup-software.co.uk/promo/cs0411 :)

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
Jack said:
What I would really recommend right now for free "Maintenance and Tweaking" is TUU 2010... TUU is giving away their 2010 version...with a lifetime license... http://www.tuneup-software.co.uk/promo/cs0411 :)

What are the major improvements in the 2011 version..?? :)
How long is this giveaway going to last?

lxamir96lx

May 15, 2011
Cleaning = CCleaner
Registry Cleaner = Auslogic Boostspeed
Registry Defrag = Auslogic Boostspeed
Uninstaller = Revo Uninstaller

Ramblin

Level 3
May 14, 2011
@Win7holic, its been out for more than a month, I think they are
keeping the giveaway available for a while.

Bo

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Since I've had Defraggler on my system (after a test that I've run) so I've tried to do a defragmentation after I've installed a game(Dragon Age)...and I must say that It seems very slow when compared with Auslogics Disk Defrag.

jota13

Level 2
Verified
Dec 18, 2011
I use many software's to optimize Windows 7.

I also liked Tune Up Utilities but now I don't like this software, because is worse than previously, it autostart with the System and non stop working in background- I hate it.

Most I use Ccleaner and deep scan in Advanced System Care Pro.

Also I use Ashampoo WinOptimizer 8.0 especially 1-Click optimizer.

Quite often I use Auslogics Boost Speed- only to delete unwanted files, clean Windows registry, clean history. I do not trust completely this software because is not 100% safe. For example- I working on my computer as admin, and I have problems when I lost Administrative Share- it was when I applied for advice Auslogics Boost Speed.

To defrag Windows registry I use Registry Life.

To defrag hard drive I most use Defraggler. Sometimes I use IObit Smart Defrag but I prefer Defraggler.

To uninstall unnecessary software I use Ccleaner or Revo Uninstaller, and I sometimes use Your Uninstaller.

To Process Monitoring I use AnVir Free portable.

To startup control I use Advanced System Care Pro or Auslogics Boost Speed.

I use many software's to optimize my PC but I don't use them all at once.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.