What Softwares do you use fo Maintenance and Tweaking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
For Puppy Linux I've found that BleachBit can run well on my system so that's my regularly Maintenance Program.

woomera

Level 7
Verified
Jan 15, 2012
LaserWraith said:
I just use CCleaner. Revo to uninstall. Soluto to manage start-up programs and delay/stop some. Process Explorer to watch things. :)

Have you ever uninstalled soluto lets say after few month of using it? if you do you will never use it again ;)

mt list is:
-Ccleaner
-Wise registry cleaner
-comodo program manager

Linuxfever

Jan 11, 2011
Defrag = Windows 7 built-in
Cleaning = CCleaner
Registry Cleaning = CCleaner
Tweaking = Manual
Start up control = KillSwitch
Process Monitoring = KillSwitch
Uninstaller = Windows 7 built-in
Disk Imaging = Paragon

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
KCleaner Free Best Cleaner - look here: http://malwaretips.com/Thread-KCleaner-Free-Best-Cleaner

MyDefrag disk defragmenter and optimizer - look here: http://malwaretips.com/Thread-MyDefrag-disk-defragmenter-and-optimizer

Process Hacker v2.23 last good - because System Information all-in-one graphs and data window.

PureRa v1.7: Raproducts.org/software: http://raproducts.org/wordpress/software - I notch all.

Recent File Seeker: http://malwaretips.com/Thread-Recent-File-Seeker?highlight=recent+file+seeker
.;)
PS. Tweaking - manual only. Look on my sig, please.

I

illumination

Defrag : Auslogics Disk Defrag
Cleaning : CCleaner
Registry Cleaning : CCleaner and Auslogics Registry Cleaner
Uninstaller : Revo Pro

woomera

Level 7
Verified
Jan 15, 2012
iPanik said:
I used TuneUp Utilities earlier but then i found out that most of it could be done automatically with Windows tools, so i decided to use those instead.

My arsenal:
  • Windows 7 Disk Defragmenter
  • Windows 7 Disk Cleanup
  • CCleaner
  • SyInternals Autoruns, Process Explorer
  • Group Policy

Defrag, cleaning, backup, Hitman Pro scan and MBAM update is done weekly through Windows Task Scheduler (So i don't have to do anything myself :D ).
I use Group Policy to apply tweaks like disable autorun, search from the start menu etc.

I don't clean my registry.

may i ask, how you perform mbam/hitman pro updates through task scheduler?

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
Click on Start menu > then type Task Scheduler.
will show this.
and, setting it for yourself.
KQCOV.png

jota13

Level 2
Verified
Dec 18, 2011
I am very cautious. I use only software which I trust. I full trust only Ccleaner and Eusing Free Registry Cleaner.

When Advanced System Care Pro detect in my Windows Registry many error I always create system restore point.

Toolbox in Advanced System Care Pro is good but I don't trust Registry Cleaner. Once this tool clean errors in Windows registry and after it I have problem with my computer. Something was wrong...

samit

Level 12
Verified
Nov 4, 2011
Disk and Registry Defrag and Tweaking=TuneUp utilities 2012
Cleaning= Ccleaner
Cleaning and Registry Cleaner= Auslogic Boost Speed
Uninstall= Comodo Program Manager

Neno

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jan 4, 2012
For tweaking i use EnhanceMySe7en, tried a lot of other apps and found this one suits me just fine (only for tweaking).
Defrag i put in the hands of Raxco PerfectDisk 12.5.
Eh cleaning app ... what i didn't tried ... probably tested majority of them. I settled with Auslogics BoostSpeed (5.20) with registry cleaning and registry defrag. For disk cleaning i use East-Tec Eraser 2011.
Uninstalling is one of the most critical areas there too i tried everything i could find. Revo Uninstaller Pro is my choice for now, but at the horizon there is potentially a masterpiece that i might add as favorite. Comodo Program Manager could be the best app for uninstalling if they optimize it and resolve some bugs.
For process monitoring i use AnVir Task Manager Pro and KillSwitch.
As for backup/imaging (in my opinion) there is no better app than Acronis True Image Home 2012. This program is a life saver. My advice for the people that often install/uninstall or test software is that they never (and i mean never) use system restore integrated in Win7 that is a sloppy piece of code, instead use Acronis (incremental backup) for the same purpose.

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
@Neno Very interesting post.... I might just try Comodo Program Manager as I have never used it .... thanks.

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
Jack said:
@Neno Very interesting post.... I might just try Comodo Program Manager as I have never used it .... thanks.

Be careful when using it because it's aggressive. I tried it to remove one of my programs, the advanced removal has my Google Chrome execuatable inside it. After seeing it, I said to myself "Let me try it." :D
Yeah it was my mistake and it got my Chrome deleted. And then I said "What's that program doing here? Go and remove it!" and I forgot that I can restore a backup. I uninstalled it and I removed the backup files. :lolz: I think I am much more aggressive than an uninstall manager. :p

I didn't face a single problem with Revo and IObit Uninstaller.

samit

Level 12
Verified
Nov 4, 2011
Jack said:

it features are same as revo uninstaller pro except that it is free.....:p

Ramblin

Level 3
May 14, 2011
For maintenance, CCleaner is the only program that I have installed. Once in a while I run Windows Disk Defragmenter after running Check disk and use Windows own uninstaller. Before installing or uninstalling anything, I always look for instructions on how to properly uninstall whats been installed or uninstalled and if there is a registry or uninstaller tool, I always get it from the proper place and run it after using Windows own uninstaller. I don't like surprises or use uninstaller tools like Revo.

Bo

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.