What to do if Webroot misses a malware?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
Webroot support is great,as a beta tester they replied quite fast to my suggestion/issues/questions.

In the case below, after being infected by a malware missed by WSA, a user get its system cleaned by the support via the cloud in less than 15mn.

the issue

an educational video by webroot that shows the rollback feature vs a keylogger

3link9

Level 5
Verified
Oct 22, 2011
Very awesome Umbra!
The video proves another reason why Webroot should leave the testing labs.

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012
A short story or lesson from me:

I kept a maid to cook food for me,
What should I do if she misses to cook food for me at dinner,
I should open the fridge and take out food which is cooked 2-3 days before and eat,
or
I call nearby hotel and ask to send food parcel for me and my maid

:lolz:

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
Stranger said:
A short story or lesson from me:

I kept a maid to cook food for me,
What should I do if she misses to cook food for me at dinner,
I should open the fridge and take out food which is cooked 2-3 days before and eat,
or
I call nearby hotel and ask to send food parcel for me and my maid

:lolz:

i will choose another analogy:

There is a flue in the area, the local authorities gave you a preventive medicine, but it was not the right one and you caught the flue, so after checking you, they give you the right one , so now you got rid of the flue.

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
Does anyone knows about a full cloud AV that is very light on system? (apart WSA and Panda); not sure for Trend

3link9

Level 5
Verified
Oct 22, 2011
Umbra Corp. said:
Does anyone knows about a full cloud AV that is very light on system? (apart WSA and Panda); not sure for Trend

Full AV you mean as not to be used as a companion?
If not, Kingsoft is the only one I can think of atm.

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012
Umbra Corp. said:
i will choose another analogy:

There is a flue in the area, the local authorities gave you a preventive medicine, but it was not the right one and you caught the flue, so after checking you, they give you the right one , so now you got rid of the flue.

I would like to add something:

Why should I go to local authorities or inject medicine provided by government when I am paying a large amount for my treatment

I will only go to local authority for treatment when I do my treatment in free and its ok if they cannot cure disease in first attempt.

But If I pay a good fees to doctor and buy expensive medicine for treatment I will go to more efficient Private Doctor

And if the Private Doctor cannot cure me I will definitely change him with more experience and capable Doctor.

Hope I have clear my point :D

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
3link9 said:
Umbra Corp. said:

by full cloud, i meant something like WSA or (that doesn't download signatures locally or at least does it in the cache)

3link9

Level 5
Verified
Oct 22, 2011
Umbra Corp. said:
3link9 said:
Umbra Corp. said:

by full cloud, i meant something like WSA or (that doesn't download signatures locally or at least does it in the cache)

Oh I see, I just remembered Kingsoft is a BOBW.
Hm...
You got Immunet, Prevx 3.0 (owned by Webroot), and I can't think of anything else.

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
i saw that Trend has a powerful url filter, but i dont know if it local or cloud

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.