Burrito

Level 23
Going back in time...
-SuperAntiSpyware x 2-lifetime licenses. It's just absolute garbage. When I occasionally still see that people here at MWT still use this -- I know that they just don't get it. It's worthless.

More Recent...
-WinPatrol WAR lifetime license. This was a dog right from the start. I didn't even actually use it more than a few weeks. Just crapware.

plat1098

Level 21
Verified
A number of third party antivirus suites I won't name. Had I known then what I do now, I could've saved almost a couple hundred bucks. The antivirus packages I bought, I respect and admire the companies, but I don't need them. The only thing I'll pay for is Sandboxie. The rest is "free" but effective: software restrictions via gpedit.msc plus OSArmor w/custom settings.

Telos

Level 20
Verified
Content Creator
AdGuard (lifetime)
AdMuncher (lifetime)
AX64 Time Machine
Avira Antivirus
Malwarebytes (lifetime)
Shadow Defender (lifetime)
WinPatrol (lifetime)
WinPatrol WAR (lifetime)
WinPrivacy (lifetime)

There are probably others... that I've thankfully forgotten :p

bribon77

Level 33
Verified
ReasonCore Security Premium
Malwarebytes
Webroot
Fortknox Firewall
Iobit Malware fighter

These programs are on my, sorry I bought them list,and are not being used
good we will see, in case of Malwarebytes, if it was bought some time ago, this is justified because it was the best in its genre and today it also serves

In the case of Fortknox Firewall it was a good Firewall at that time.

In the case of Webroot, it also had its moment of splendor.

Time passes and what is good today becomes obsolete tomorrow.:giggle:

Windows_Security

Level 23
Verified
Trusted
Content Creator
Winpatrol lifetime license...I made a real effort to make it helpful. I now use Microsoft Autoruns and Process Explorer. It's enough for me!

I also bought WinPatrol, not because I needed it, but because I heard of Bill's health problems and sort of sympathized with his efforts to increase security on early Windows OS-ses. Soon after he sold his business and his successor killed his brainchild. So not really regretting the purchase, but more the way his heritage was handled.

alakazam

Level 7
-SuperAntiSpyware x 2-lifetime licenses. It's just absolute garbage. When I occasionally still see that people here at MWT still use this -- I know that they just don't get it. It's worthless.
I respectfully disagree. It's not the best software out there, but it does a decent job.

Reactions: Nevi