Advice Request What would be the most reliable and stable free image backup software?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

SearchLight

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 3, 2017
There is no "best" of anything in the software world. Only your own experience can tell you what is "best".

I am rephrasing because what I am really interested in is the most reliable and stable image backup software that is free. I apologize for not being clear enough.

I should add that I am currently trying O&O Disk Image 11 which they are offering as a giveaway. Worked well except when I click on Create a Bootable CD it seems to want additional downloads. I tried pointing it to my Windows 10 Installation disk like it asked but the program kept freezing on "creation". I think I am going to uninstall it, and try something else based on your recommendations.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
I think that Macrium Reflect is most often recommended, and it's pretty good! It may not offer customer support, but if you register when you install, you can participate in the support forum, and they are quite helpful. It's not perfect, but neither is Aomei or EaseUS or CloneZilla.

Weebarra

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 5, 2017
I can only vouch for my own experiences with Aoemei back upper. Once i figured out how to do the actual back up (yeah, i know, thick or what ) i have used these back ups on numerous occasions and they have never failed me, please remember to verify your back up once it has completed. I like to keep 2 or 3 images as i at least know that one of them is a working back up and if the other fails then i still have that one.
Aoemei also has some help tutorials that you can browse if you are unsure of anything.

Last edited:

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
If Western Digital had a fresh update on there free Acronis version, I would have recommended that. It do of course still work but the last update is from 2016. I think the share from @BoraMurdar is a bit better as it's from 2017. Unlimited Giveaway - Acronis True Image 2017 BootCD

Seagate also have a Acronis version that's 100% free but I'm not able to find the exact date on it's latest release. It's probably from late 2018.

https://www.seagate.com/gb/en/support/downloads/discwizard/

Btw thanks @BoraMurdar for the Paragon share as I will more then likely test it's Android backup feature in a few months.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
I must admit that Macrium Reflect, while still my preferred solution, did have some issues recently. They seem to have been patched, though. And they apply primarily to the paid version, which has advanced features that are more prone to mess up. Nonetheless, there were issues, and they were bad enough to make me uninstall it for a few days, and rely on the recovery media.

redsworn

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Dec 6, 2017
Macrium Reflect free seems to be the more stable and reliable according to many users here. But Aomei Backupper free definitely deserves a shout because it comes with more features. I'm currently using the latter and never had any problem with it. Honestly you can't go wrong with either but as always, your mileage may be vary.

redsworn

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Dec 6, 2017
Following the evolution of the backup software for 10 years now, I found that Paragon may be the most stable free product available.
Paragon Backup & Recovery Free | Paragon Software
What the... How could I not aware that they offer free version now? Their paid version probably one of the best backup and imaging software out there.
I'll definitely give it a try when I have time. Thanks for mentioning it on this thread!

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.