What would you see if your eyeballs were opposite each other?

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Watching one of the Treehouse of Horror episodes from The Simpsons, where Bart and Lisa gain super-powers. Lisa gets super-strength and Bart can stretch. Like where Bart's eyes stretch out and stare at each other in the eye.

In other words, if your Left eye is looking directly at your Right eye, and vice versa. What would you see?

o_O

WinXPert

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jan 9, 2013
can't visualize the thought ;)

Reactions: Ink

Cowpipe

Level 16
Verified
Well-known
Jun 16, 2014
You can approximate this effect by placing a mirror in front of your eye and covering the other eye over ;) Although in reality the feeling would probably be vastly different as your brain would be seeing images from two dramatically different angles at once and would be struggling to combine them together causing all kinds of weird effects.

Particularly would would be very likely to experience a distortion of perception, that is, you would probably be unable to tell which way you were facing and your coordination would be severely distorted as well. It's all to do with the limits of self perception, I mean I'm not a psychologist by any means, but that's from my understanding of vision anyway :)

Reactions: FreddyFreeloader

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.