Advice Request Whats about ASC (Advanced SystemCare) Portable?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Should I use it for a deeper clean every Week?

• Yes

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • No

Votes: 13 92.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Question

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Jun 22, 2018
Whats about ASC Portable?
Is it safe for cleaning the PC weekly (only privacy and free space) (At the Moment I use CCleaner) but im searching a program for deeper cleaning.

I downloaded ASC Portable (I dont opened the exe) and scanned the PC with ADWCleaner it says nothing found...
So its clean? I scanned with Avast Free again nothing found...

(Sry for bad english, im from germany)

Question

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Jun 22, 2018
Is it safe for cleaning the PC weekly (only privacy and free space) (At the Moment I use CCleaner) but im searching a program for deeper cleaning.

I downloaded ASC Portable (I dont opened the exe) and scanned the PC with ADWCleaner it says nothing found...

(Sry for bad english, im from germany)
(Portable App Link removed cause I dont want to promote this Site, so official IObit Website: Clean, Optimize, Speed Up and Secure PC - Freeware Download - IObit

RoboMan

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
What's up with ASC? XD Everybody's wanting to use it lol

I personally dislike the whole product on any version, I don't find it useful at all. BleachBit or CCleaner should do it, and I don't even like CCleaner nowadays :p

Question

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Jun 22, 2018

I personally dislike the whole product on any version, I don't find it useful at all. BleachBit or CCleaner should do it, and I don't even like CCleaner nowadays :p
I personally dont use BleachBit anymore because I deleted any Files and the System was slow so... I dont use it anymore XD

RoboMan

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Last time I used AVC, it crashed my system.
I don't see the fanatism for this product. It's the clearest placebo effect you can find: users looking for an optimizing software with flashy and modern GUI and effects. I get it, I really get it, it's satisfying... But it's not worth the risk. Last time I used it I got my system boot broken due to some "boot optimization" option...
I personally dont use BleachBit anymore because I deleted any Files and the System was slow so... I dont use it anymore XD
I find it very useful. Non intrusive, non-bloatware, no desire to start at boot, clean process and no ads. Plus it even has more options than many software I know :p

Question

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Jun 22, 2018
I don't see the fanatism for this product. It's the clearest placebo effect you can find: users looking for an optimizing software with flashy and modern GUI and effects. I get it, I really get it, it's satisfying... But it's not worth the risk. Last time I used it I got my system boot broken due to some "boot optimization" option...
Yes... I know why everyone want ASC it as good looking UI, Its free...

RoboMan

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
I get the need for a free software, but there are many free options that are actually better and more healthy to your system! :D
For example, Windows built-in tools, Wise Care 365, BleachBit, Privazer, this amazing product I can't remember the name... Any help guys? Dr.. something?

Question

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Jun 22, 2018
If IObit would take the trouble to do the functions halfway as safe as in WiseCare 365, it would look a lot better, but I think that ASC is not that bad when you only use Turbo Boost and Clean functions. It's just so bad for many users because IObit had a conflict with Malwarebytes

(@RoboMan I think you mean Dr.Web :))

RoboMan

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
If IObit would take the trouble to do the functions halfway as safe as in WiseCare 365, it would look a lot better, but I think that ASC is not that bad when you only use Turbo Boost and Clean functions. It's just so bad for many users because IObit had a conflict with Malwarebytes

(@RoboMan I think you mean Dr.Web :))
Found it, it's Kerish Doctor :D

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011

It's the go to software, just like AVG Free and Limewire were over 10 years ago.

CCleaner is bad at finding junk files, plus the added toxicity from Avast. Wise Disk Cleaner is a solid tool, but each to their own.

@Question No need to constantly "clean" the OS. You might do more harm than good..

CyberTech

Level 44
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
Ow0ymVG.gif

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
There is no official portable version of ASC. The official version of ASC is safe to use and won't cause any problems, despite what some people will claim. But, there are alternatives that find more junk files. Both Wise Disk Cleaner and HDCleaner are much better options, as they can clean junk files from a large amount of applications. As a result, they can often clean a lot more junk than ASC can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.