Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Oct 6, 2013
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
N/A
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
N/A
HI i have Windows Server 2008 R2 x64 and was wanting to know what s the best protection for it if u guys here could help. Thanks

I was aiming towards Kaspersky Endpoint Security but not sure if this is the right one to pick for Windows Server

THanks

Reactions: nissimezra

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
You may try like Norton Endpoint Protection, Sophos Endpoint version or Trend Micro OfficeScan

Actually same level of capabilities like in home version but with just add the level of server configuration.

;)

Upvote 0

ImtheBest

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Oct 6, 2013
I was told that KASPERSKY ENDPOINT SECURITY 10 has blaokced the RDP port thats why i can't log in at all from the server company I'm with. SO Norton might do the same thing Norton Endpoint Protection. sense its Endpoint

Upvote 0
H

hjlbx

HI i have Windows Server 2008 R2 x64 and was wanting to know what s the best protection for it if u guys here could help. Thanks

I was aiming towards Kaspersky Endpoint Security but not sure if this is the right one to pick for Windows Server

THanks

Hello ImtheBest,

Just a suggestion ... Emsisoft Anti-Malware for Server is worthy of consideration.

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2
Upvote 0

ImtheBest

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Oct 6, 2013
OK thanks I'm running it on my windows 8.1 from the givaway i won and i love it very much

They want $199 for that damn that's too much for me

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

soccer97

Level 11
Verified
May 22, 2014

THanks

If you choose Kaspersky: The only consumer product licensed for use on servers is Kaspersky Small Office Security or one of their Business or Enterprise Solutions. If this is going to be for business/production use, I would suggest an Endpoint Solution.

From what I have heard, Norton Endpoint Protection (Symantec Endpoint Protection) can be a good solution. It does have to be configured well though. It is not an out of the box solution.

The solution depends on what purpose you are using Windows Server 2008 R2 for.
Most endpoint solutions are more expensive than typical consumer products.

Upvote 0

ImtheBest

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Oct 6, 2013
I can't use End point tho i need one that doesn't block RDP Remote connection to the server. As i have installed KS endpoiny on server and it blocked the port. so now the compeny has to backup everything again and reinstall the OS

I i'm just using it for protection so nothing happens to the server or no files get meesed with.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

soccer97

Level 11
Verified
May 22, 2014
If this is for a company, I would recommend asking your IT department or a more experienced person on the forum.

***Always make backups before making changes to the system. Always....***

For a good post, and to get the most accurate reply please post the following:

Your OS:
What the server is being used for: (tinkering, home use, a company/production environment), etc.
Your budget
The timeline in which you need to choose a solution
Your top priorities (what you are specifically looking for in a security software)
Have you researched what software you are considering?
Are there any known limitations that you must have? (such as the RDP connections you mention).

The more information you provide, the more someone may be able to help you.

Did you check their support Knowledge base articles: http://support.kaspersky.com/kes10wks
Have you opened a support ticket with them? (http://support.kaspersky.com/#s_tab3). You can click on contact support).

I recommend posting in the Security software software forum or update your security configuration.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As a disclaimer: These are only suggestions. I am a student majoring in an IT related field with an interest in Information Security. Any changes you make based on these recommendations are at your own risk, and you assume full responsibility.

(I do not mean for it to sound mean or offensive,. I am just letting you know that I am not an experienced professional, so I am not liable for changes made to your system. Please don't take offense).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ImtheBest

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Oct 6, 2013
First of all my OS has nothing to do with this!! Thank u very much. Second if u want to really know my OS Look at my Config wizard as Everyone has one here that's a member

My Home OS has nothing to do with the Server i I'm using

I have a Windows server 2008 R2 x64.

I Have done planty of reasuerch by my self that's why I'm asking in here!! Thank u very much

The server is for my personal use only

My budget is pretty Damn low sense i don't have a JOB and i already pay for the Windows Server through compeny

As i said before Endpoint screwed my server up because it needs RDC to connect to server I"m using And it blocked the port thru the firewall so it wasn't the right one i installed. Now i have to have the compeny backup all my stuff i have on it and reinstall the OS

I was looking into the ESET file server and KS home office Security 3 . I'm not sure if that will work i would really like ESET file server but i trien doing the info and it wouldn't go thruogh so i might need to contect them or call if i can

THanks hope this help u out more

If this is for a company, I would recommend asking your IT department or a more experienced person on the forum.

***Always make backups before making changes to the system. Always....***

For a good post, and to get the most accurate reply please post the following:

Your OS:
What the server is being used for: (tinkering, home use, a company/production environment), etc.
Your budget
The timeline in which you need to choose a solution
Your top priorities (what you are specifically looking for in a security software)
Have you researched what software you are considering?
Are there any known limitations that you must have? (such as the RDP connections you mention).

The more information you provide, the more someone may be able to help you.

Did you check their support Knowledge base articles: http://support.kaspersky.com/kes10wks
Have you opened a support ticket with them? (http://support.kaspersky.com/#s_tab3). You can click on contact support).

I recommend posting in the Security software software forum or update your security configuration.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As a disclaimer: These are only suggestions. I am a student majoring in an IT related field with an interest in Information Security. Any changes you make based on these recommendations are at your own risk, and you assume full responsibility.

(I do not mean for it to sound mean or offensive,. I am just letting you know that I am not an experienced professional, so I am not liable for changes made to your system. Please don't take offense).

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.