What's in Your System Tray? - Icon Show Off

KaptainBug

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Dec 26, 2013
I'm always curious to know whats running in the background by looking at the tray icons either on my friends laptop or on public computers. It gives a little sense of security to me. Taking the curiosity to the next level, here's a thread to show your tray icons. I'm sure many of you have the same curiosity like me to peek at the tray icons. ;) Please expand the triangle and show your hidden icons too.. :D

Here's mine.. Not very interesting though :rolleyes:
Kaptain's Tray.png

Last edited:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Simple. (WiFi | Battery | Volume | Time & Date)

upload_2014-5-4_18-57-42.png

Action Center notification may come and go, depending if any attention is required.

Update:
upload_2014-5-4_19-5-28.png

From left to right, horizontally:
NVidia GeForce, Realtek HD Audio Manager, ELAN Pointing Device
LED Manager, Sound Blaster Cinema, Intel Rapid Storage Tech.
Action Center (surprise!), OneDrive, System Control Manager.

Intel HD Graphics in desktop Context Menu.

Last edited:

KaptainBug

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Dec 26, 2013
My Icons
Center Notification| Eset SS 7 | MalwareBytes 2.0 Premium| Intel HD Graphics | Battery | WiFi | Volume| OneDrive |Intel Rapid Storage Time and Date
View attachment 10657
I always disable Intel HD graphics and Rapid Storage technology... Did not make any difference... you can shave off some running process if you do...

Reactions: riruan

Lailson

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 3, 2014
@Huracan
What is the function of the System Control Manager, found interesting, some sort of Intel driver?

I always disable Intel HD graphics and Rapid Storage technology... Did not make any difference... you can shave off some running process if you do...

How to disable Intel HD graphics icon? Rapid Storage technology I could get more preferred to leave

Myna

Level 10
Verified
Jan 16, 2014
Ashampoo_Snap_2014_05_04_23h51m04s_001.jpg

Right to left- Internet Download Manager, Ashampoo Snap 7, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Pro, Sound, Battery, 3G USB Modem Manager, Sandboxie, Eset Smart Security, AppGuard, Sticky Password 7, IPVanish VPN, Zemana Antilogger, Shadow Defender........ etc.....

Last edited:
Reactions: KaptainBug

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
@Lailson SCM controls basic functionality of Windows, however, I mostly switch between Eco and Game mode using the keyboard (Fn+F5), signed by MSI.

upload_2014-5-4_19-32-43.png

I've only disabled HD Graphics tray icon, do you have Graphics Options from the Desktop? No idea about disabling it completely.

upload_2014-5-4_19-26-42.png

Reactions: Paul123 and Lailson

Lailson

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 3, 2014
Got here. I'll take a look if worth being install the SCM. 'll Also have to update the driver of ELAN, because Iobit Driver booster is a denial to update driver. Is difficult to find a software that is free to a good driver updater. Thnks! :)

KaptainBug

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Dec 26, 2013
How to disable Intel HD graphics icon? Rapid Storage technology I could get more preferred to leave
Disable igfxpers.exe, hkcmd.exe and another executable(forgot the name) under system32 folder. Open msconfig and see which processes are started from system32 folder. I don't have any negative impact disabling these 3 processes.

Reactions: Ink

KaptainBug

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Dec 26, 2013
persistence module... that's the third one...
I don't know whats the delayed launcher is about, but you don't need iastoricon as well.. In short you don't need any intel process running in your system... also you can go to control panel -> Intel Graphics & Media and check if there is any option to disable on startup..

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.