What's the best computer OS you've ever tried?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morvotron

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Mar 24, 2015
Back to nostalgia, or back to last week when we installed Windows 10.

Which is the best operating system you've ever tried? By this i mean, the one you liked the most (maybe taking into account security, real time speed, simplicity to use, short response time, compatibilities, everything you'd like).

If i should be honest, i'd have to say Windows 8/8.1. Despite all the critics it has had, it was the one i loved the most. The new interface that was so attacked, it was innovative, for me. Highlighting less aimed than XP or 7 (as a matter of security), and much more compatible with my hardware or periferics than any linux distro.

What about you?​

Last edited by a moderator:

REDBEARD1

Level 1
Mar 7, 2016
Back to nostalgia, or back to last week when we installed Windows 10.

Which is the best operating system you've ever tried? By this i mean, the one you liked the most (maybe taking into account security, real time speed, simplicity to use, short response time, compatibilities, everything you'd like).

If i should be honest, i'd have to say Windows 8/8.1. Despite all the critics it has had, it was the one i loved the most. The new interface that was so attacked, it was innovative, for me. Highlighting less aimed than XP or 7 (as a matter of security), and much more compatible with my hardware or periferics than any linux distro.

What about you?​
mint 17.1 mate

H

hjlbx

Of course W10 is the best in terms of security and other features.

I'd rather do without Cortana. There's a lot of unnecessary stuff that comes along with W10 - so seems needlessly "bloated" to me.

I also dislike the fragmented user-interface\settings - but you know - one gets used to it over time.

OokamiCreed

Level 18
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2015
Despite not being supported anymore, Windows XP was always the most reliable and stable OS I've used. To this day it's still the most used OS by myself in terms of years, months, days, hours, etc. At the least I've used XP for a decade or more. Windows 7 with second place of about 3 or 4 years for comparison. This is mostly because I could not afford to buy a computer with support for Windows 7 until financial situation stabilized.

Then Windows 7 is my second favorite due to compatibility with software, compatibility with hardware, higher level of security, stability, and nice looks. Windows 8 I simply like for it's windows borders, etc look. So much so that I make my Linux OS look like Windows 8 via boje theme.

Windows 10 being my third favorite to further enhanced security, compatibility, speed, stability, etc. I hate the look of the buttons on windows. Too big and awkward looking to me. Having the borderless look is nice though. Start menu of 10 is a favorite of mine. Same with taskbar and notification menu that they added. Very sleek/polished looking.

After that it's Linux distros like Manjaro and Mint.

safe1st

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 29, 2016
Agreed with @OokamiCreed

Me too, It was Window XP. When Im still school. Myself prefer use it than Vista actually.. Then move on windows 7 after few months released, heard some good things about windows 7 at that time..

Then in 2015, November Move on to windows 10. Because its better than 8 and 8.1 (my opinion) in performances, security.. for sure :D

I know about windows 10 privacy things. But it doesnt matter for me, at least I did something for it. O&O ShutUp 10 (thanks @venustus )
The rest of it.. I dont really worry about it.

D

Deleted member 178

seriously :rolleyes:

windows 10 ~ microsoft's 24/7 cctv in to your personal & online life is what you term as safety ?

I don't see yet MS digging in your system , collect all your files, and exposed your secrets on the net. :p
most of the mining is mostly for commercial purposes or OS "improvements" ; not a big deal. I rather prefer MS collect them than some shady AVs from China or Russia.

By safety , i meant against malwares. Privacy is not my main concern.

XavierGaming

Level 3
Verified
Oct 18, 2015
Windows 10 was going to be the best for me, but its data mining scheme makes me fall back so I'm going to vote for Kali Linux. Kali Linux is of course not for everybody but its analysis software and penetration software (Useful for knowing how malware is made, for security purposes of course) is what makes me love this OS :D

JollyGood

Level 1
Verified
Jan 7, 2015
Personally, I believe that Windows XP was the best, especially when you ran it on enterprise grade hardware from 2014. The requirements for that OS were incredible. However, due to the lack of support I was forced to move over to windows 7 and then windows 10, however, I am properly considering going back to 7 just because it seemed a little more stable than windows 10. Therefore, in conclusion I believe that windows 7 is the current king of all OS's out there.

N

Noxx

Windows 7 in terms of longevity, but as I've said, I would think Windows 10 is the best if they stopped integrating all of their bloatware so deeply imbedded into the OS to the point where it's almost possible to remove. Their Windows update deceptions don't help either. Strangely enough, I'm voting 10 because it has the most potential.

shukla44

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 14, 2016
Best OS i have tried is always - MS OS ;):p:D

I voted windows 7 (currently using), which just beat Win XP as system restore of XP never worked for me and after a year or two, i had to reinstall it.

Timeline:
From elementary school to middle school - Win 95
From middle school to high school - Win XP
From high school to college (graduation) - Win 7
From college to present - Win 10

Regards.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.