What's the best computer OS you've ever tried?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JakeXPMan

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014
I have used 95, 98, XP and now 7 :)

Windows 8 and 10 are my unsolved mystery (never even tested)I've used Vista before on someones computer, I don't remember liking it much, it sure had problems playing a DVD with Media Player lol.

I just like Windows 7 best overall Reasons being... it runs really smooth, boots up fast, and doesn't require much fixing, besides my windows update "hell" issues. Ready boost works great on 1 to 2GB RAM and it has a system back image build in! It might not be as nice as Reflect but at least they try ;)

XP had the best automatic update system, always worked fine even with a half infected system files lol. ;)

Don't like Linux "Mint". apart from being able to use internet with it, this is the worst one I tried, runs only "okay not very fast" and had no mint flavor for me. :p

milas

Level 2
Verified
Mar 1, 2016
Now I feel the Mac OS has been my favorite for Security, Speed & Interface. I can always count on that PC working at all times without any issues. Fast boot up times and instant internet.

I've been able to run all OS's since I have 5 computers. But XP would be a great system since I knew everything about it for so many years of having it. XP ran smoothly for me..then I did run Vista Ultimate which I still have. I loved all the eye candy but the speed wasn't as fast with the bloat and constant permissions to run and to install programs was a bit of a nuisance. I had to upgrade my hardware for W 7 and to leave XP and Vista behind on two of my systems. I am now a big favorite of Windows 10 for security, performance and love the interface which I upgraded rather quickly since I enjoyed the Preview version of 10 without any issues. Faster boot up times I think with W 10.
To back track to 8.1... i wasn't a fan of that OS because I felt it was built mostly for touch screens and that interface wasn't easy for me.
I am happy to know that W 10 will be out for many years to come and I think Microsoft has got it right this time. I like Cortana too.

Rishi

Level 19
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 3, 2015
I would vote for windows 10 (long time user of windows 7) as I have noticed certain glitches which were persistent in my windows 7 installations have disappeared( I'd put that to the new code) excluding the telemetry and other controversies, performance is great. Of course I still have my windows 7 backed up( it is still the OS to beat in market shares).

Others I've liked : Xubuntu, Kolibri(for it's size)

Portable: Tails OS

A

Alkajak

FAST + LIGHT + STABLE + SAFE = XP
XP FTW.

"Safe" is a paradox when it comes to an unsupported OS.

Windows 10, and it isn't even close to a toss up between 10 and 7. 7 was great, but it had its faults. The only reason 7 is such a refreshing memory is because we had an awful aftertaste about Vista. We could say the same about 10, but 8.1 was not nearly as bad as Vista, and 10 is better than 7 on a side-by-side comparison.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Only OS I've not tried out of the operating systems is Windows 8. Never really liked how they did not implement the start menu. I've gone from Windows XP to Vista, then Windows 7 and straight to Windows 10 with this new computer I'm running at the moment. BUT my favourite will have to be a tie between Windows 7 and 10 as I've loved Windows 7 and still love it to this day, but from using Windows 10 with this new computer I'm really liking it! Windows XP was awesome for it's pinball game :p

I have used Windows server/enterprise and that's more directed at businesses. Windows server is so fun to play with.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I've always explained my point on which O.S find so far to be the best and currently everything goes to Windows 10.

But the successful and already part of its legendary phase in the technology is Windows XP next to Windows 7.

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
As of recent Mac OS X El Capitan, even though I am primarily a Windows user.

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

Durden

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Dec 21, 2013
currently I'm using Win 10, and I'm enjoying it . I can say which MS OS I didn't like and that's for sure is vista . well no real memories of MS DOS 6.22 except for some old games, when Win 98 was around , well I was a child back then and my main job was to wreck havoc all around the OS while my older brother fixes whatever I break .. the same thing was with win XP except that I knew my way around more, and that's the system that was my AV's playground .. XP was good.
windows 7
was really a relief after that horrible experience with Vista .
Win 8 was ok , not more than that
Win 10 , here is where I think MS is really back on track.
recently I've tried a Linux OS for the first time, it was Linux Mint 17.3 , and I loved it !! it's a good alternative option for Windows users

MrHealthPatriot

Apr 21, 2016
Mint Linux XFCE desktop - using for past 5 years. No major issues.
I have used Win 3.1, 95, 98, XP, 7, 8 and 8.1 but installed Mint on a laptop with a docking station with a separate monitor, an old desktop and a very old desktop with very little trouble. Printers work and the system is much faster than with Win 7. 99% works out of the box and 1% needs a little adjustment.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.