Advice Request What's the recommended Anti Malware in 2018?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

SpectacularTheDude

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jan 25, 2017
I used to have Malwarebytes, but it just got my PC so slow, or completely stuck, that I had to give it up.

What are the community recommended anti malware software packages for 2018?

EDIT: Currently use Kaspersky Internet Security. Just interested in getting extra protection with an Anti Malware.

Last edited:

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
Even if Malwarebytes was making your computer run too slowly, you could still use it just as an on demand scanner for manual scans if you disable realtime protection.

Zemana Anti-Malware is quite decent. But I've also only ever used it as an on demand scanner.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Nowadays, there is a very small difference in detection levels between all the good AVs. So it doesn't really matter which AV you use -- unless you are looking for special features, or you want to tweak it in a certain way.
Generally speaking, just use whatever AV plays nicely with your OS and programs.
Your profile info shows that you are using Kaspersky -- that is a smart choice. Kaspersky is very strong.

mekelek

Level 28
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
Nowadays, there is a very small difference in detection levels between all the good AVs. So it doesn't really matter which AV you use -- unless you are looking for special features, or you want to tweak it in a certain way.
Generally speaking, just use whatever AV plays nicely with your OS and programs.
Your profile info shows that you are using Kaspersky -- that is a smart choice. Kaspersky is very strong.
i would disagree with that first sentence but it seems i'm too critical of security suites nowadays

bribon77

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2017
Well, I think that nowadays all Av are anti-malware. For example if you use KIS or GDATA etc.. it can hardly happen a malware.:eek:a scanner on demand I am using three..ZAM, NPE and Hitmanpro.:sneaky:

Last edited:

RoboMan

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
*an angel slowly descends from the sky, covered on shiny wings, whites as the snow* *he extends a beautiful hand-crafted arm and with joy he gives you a small written paper* *he immediatly leaves the place and you find yourself alone again with the paper in your hand* *you decide to open it and it says*

"How to choose "the best antivirus"?"

In2an3_PpG

Level 18
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 15, 2016
I would recommend going around to each company and start using their 15, 30, 60, 90 or 1 year trials if they have them. Sometimes you will find promotions. Don't buy anything recommended without first trying it out yourself.

Now my recommendation for replacing Malwarebytes would be with Emsisoft Anti-Malware.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
I would recommend going around to each company and start using their 15, 30, 60, 90 or 1 year trials if they have them.
That's fine if you can do a system image restore after trying out various products. Otherwise, you run the risk of issues from the remnants left behind after you uninstall.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.