Whats your experience with Bitdefender system performance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nightwalker

Level 24
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 26, 2014
Almost every test or review indicates that Bitdefender has almost no impact on system performance and this doesnt correlate with my experience; I mean Bitdefender is "huge" in many aspects, how can it be so light?

Av-Test, Av Comparatives, PcMag all say that Bitdefender is very fast, whats your experience guys? With so many giveaways out there I think I will give BD a try.

Reactions: nissimezra

Kate_L

in memoriam
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 21, 2014
Many people have issues, that is why I don't like this product. The internet speed is slowed and PC performance is very bad. People love it because they are in this auto-pilot. I don't wanna say more, I wanna let people mess with it so they will see it.

PS: Read EULA if you wanna use it :)

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I have experienced conflicts,BSOD's and internet connection problems when I tried it.BSOD's where on Windows 8 prior to 8.1.I also experienced installation problems back when I tried it on Windows 8.I am sure some of these problems have been resolved.My personal experience with it has been plagued by bugs and conflicts.I think your best bet is to give it a try and see how it runs for you on your system and never mind what PC Mag & Av-Test AV Comparatives say

Last edited:

Nightwalker

Level 24
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 26, 2014
Update:

I have tested Bitdefender for two days and I already give up. It made my web browsing speed annoying slow, to a ridiculous level I must say.

Although I didnt feel much lag in opening files or programs, it was better than expected, but Bitdefender really needs to fix browsing speed.

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
My experience with Bitdefender was, how do i say this, weird and different.

When I first installed the 2014 it was very heavy. I could hardly browse at all. So, I decided to uninstall it.

Weeks later, I decided to give the 2014 version another chance. And to my surprise, it didn't feel as heavy as before. I don't know what happened between the first time I tried it to then or if I did something different, but it felt much lighter than before. It wasn't as light as something like ESET but it was still better than before.

From what I have read in a forum some weeks ago, you have do a full scan with Bitdefender in order for it to feel light.
However I don't know if this is true or not.

Reactions: Nightwalker

Nightwalker

Level 24
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 26, 2014
My experience with Bitdefender was, how do i say this, weird and different.

When I first installed the 2014 it was very heavy. I could hardly browse at all. So, I decided to uninstall it.

Weeks later, I decided to give the 2014 version another chance. And to my surprise, it didn't feel as heavy as before. I don't know what happened between the first time I tried it to then or if I did something different, but it felt much lighter than before. It wasn't as light as something like ESET but it was still better than before.

From what I have read in a forum some weeks ago, you have do a full scan with Bitdefender in order for it to feel light.
However I don't know if this is true or not.

I see, almost every antivirus becomes "lighter" after a full scan.
In my case Bitdefender didnt have much impact in system performance, it was in browsing speed that it was terrible.

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
In my case Bitdefender didnt have much impact in system performance, it was in browsing speed that it was terrible.
I was experiencing the same issue that's why i had to uninstall it and i am talking about the 2014 version.
I tested it for a week and and after a few days browsing became slow:(.
I was disappointed because as far security concerns i believe BD is good.I will give a try in the future to see how they have improved;).

JFS58

Oct 29, 2014
I Have BitDefender Total Security 2015 installed in 2 computers, and i don´t have problems.
Windows 8.1 x 64

Janl92l

Level 7
Verified
Nov 7, 2014
In that case do not use any kind of protection on your machine & it will boot up like a rabbit.

All the bad things that want to get inside your computer have to go over that mountain called Bitdefender.

I think that is great. Bitdefender is heavy but rock solid.
Thats true but u have better options out there wich are way lighter than bitdefender. Specialy browsing is just a desaster with bitdefender(when i have test it)

Rahadian Putra

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 28, 2014
I want to share my experience with BD, some people say it bloat, junk and slowing down their system, well I guess probably I'm just lucky when testing/using their product probably they already fixed it, so I have no problem with such issues. In my experience, its light and better than their 2014 version, much better I think, although the only problem is my internet speed slowed down a little bit, I think it was due of it's firewall, so I just turned it off and just using windows firewall which is my favorite, and suddenly no more issues.

BD's engine is good, it is why many Av vendor using it, although I think they need to improve their product to much more stable if they want more customer, as you guys can see many Av vendor using it but without those problems which already mentioned above. Still...BD is good and quite solid for protection.

Rohugh

Level 2
Verified
Jul 11, 2014
I use Bitdefender 2015 on 3 machines, no browser slowdown, pretty light to use. I had boot slowdown with my Win 7 machine but removing the early boot scan solved that as well ( GUI>Antivirus>Check the custom box>Miscellaneous tab>Uncheck Early boot scan).

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.