What's your opinons on NordVPN ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TrinitronMSDOS

Thread author
So i know this question has probably been discussed, and yes i have read the comments on other posts.

That being said, i just wanted to have your most "up to date" opinions on NordVPN :p. The thing is, i already have Windscribe and i'm look for a complementary VPN.

The most important for me with a VPN is their official browsers extensions. I don't like to have all my web traffic redirected, and this is the main use i'll do with the VPN, mostly to access websites that are region-locked or to surf anonymously. That's why i have discarded ExpressVPN or CyberGhost. They look awesome, but they don't have any extension. I also occasionally download a torrent (using SOCKS5 on qBittorent) for movies that aren't available in my country.

So after looking around, and considering i already have Windscribe, NordVPN seems to be the best choice as they offer Chrome and Firefox extensions and seem to be rated well enough. I also have tried their 3 days trial and the speed seems really good. There's also no DNS or WebRTC leak.

So for those of you that tested it, is NordVPN good ? There is PureVPN and PIA that offer extension as well, but they seem slightly less reliable (PIA is based in the US, PureVPN seems to be slow recently). What's your opinion ?

I'm asking as those Black Friday sales are soooo tempting :eek:

Weebarra

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 5, 2017
I have never used it and i wouldn't know how good it was anyway but i have heard good things about it. @NikolayfromRussia uses many different VPN's as does @RoboMan so i am guessing they could help you with more info. I tried to post a black friday deal for Nord a few days ago but i obviously did something wrong as it never passed the criteria but they have a good 3 year deal on at the moment (works out at $2.75 per month) in case you are interested (y) Hopefully someone can help you with your questions (i am not qualified enough, i'm afraid)

Black Friday – Cyber Monday weekend sale | NordVPN

Lightning_Brian

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Sep 1, 2017
I have heard good things about NordVPN. However, I use Windscribe and now (just recently) ProtonVPN. Personally, I believe Windscribe and ProtonVPN are the best two VPNs out there for security. I will say that I am a premium member of Windscribe.

What is my favorite of the two? Well, my vote would go to Windscribe for security. Don't take my word for it look at their comparison charts: NordVPN vs Windscribe Feature Comparison - Windscribe

As you can see NordVPN is lacking in many different fields. However, it is a good VPN. I don't know about tracking though....That may be another story.

Full comparison charts for nearly all of the big VPNs out there: Compare Windscribe With Other VPNs - Windscribe

PIA would be another good choice for a VPN. Again, my vote of confidence goes to Windscribe and ProtonVPNs. Great question @TrinitronMSDOS !

Hope my insight helps you!

~Brian

RoboMan

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
I'm personally an active user of ExpressVPN. When i chose my VPN i was looking for the following:

• Security
  • Fast speed
  • No log policy

After looking for some reviews my last two choices were ExpressVPN and NordVPN, with obvious results. Despite choosing the first one, i heard amazing things from NordVPN still never tried it myself. People say it's very safe to use. If you grabbed a deal, then buy without regrets.

Paul.R

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
May 16, 2013
ExpressVPN apps are configured to report crash statistics and send data to third parties. (correct me if i'm wrong)
BVI are on UK influence and on top of that UK is member of 5 eyes.

Big plus with ExpressVPN you are on a rocket , so much speed:)

Daljeet

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jun 14, 2017
I'm using Nord from few days Nord is a featured VPN with advanced protocols and features like Double Vpn, AntiDDos, P2P, Onion Over Vpn, Dedicated IP servers.
Nord add more server's to their server list and speed is good. I recommend you try both Vpn's before taking any decision

Glashouse

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Jun 4, 2017
I was not pleased with the performance from Nord VPN in the past.
Since I switched to Mullvad months ago my speed is very close to the maximum my connection can deliver!
And the biggest PLUS: the guys know how to configure OpenVPN, the config client / server is really good!

T

TrinitronMSDOS

Thread author
Thanks a lot @Weebarra @Arequire @katetaylor @pablozi @Lightning_Brian @carsten ibsen @wert33 @Paul.R @RoboMan @John White @daljeet @Jogos and @Glashouse for your input (yep i didn't forget anyone ;))

As i can see from your comments, it seems user experiences on VPNs are as conflicting as AVs, ranging from the worst to the best. That being said, i think that, same as AVs, it is probably because of different OS, hardware and especially users ISP and location in the case of VPNs.

After comparing Black Friday offers, i decided to go with NordVPN and i can say it really works fantastic for me. Connections are really fast, the browsers extension don't leak any data (IP or WebRTC), their proxy are easy to chose from and the Android app is really nice. I also love their live chat support.

Anyway thanks for your comments, it really helped (y)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.